stuck ajustomatics and screw in bits

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alsmith52

Reaction score
I know we had a thread going a couple weeks ago about stuck ajustomatics. Well, I got a bunch of grabow ajustomaticss and KW screw ins. All but one were stuck so I threw them in the freezer for about an hour. Took them out - still stuck. i took them over to the kitchen table to put them in an alcohol bath.  This hose clamp had been laying on the  kitchen table for about 8 months. I looked at and said that would be too easy. I wrapped one bit with  a piece of paper towel and screwed the hose clamp down very tight- gave a little twist and - snick- it came  came loose. Even worked on a square bit. Did not seem to scuff up any of the bits. Did not see that it did any damage. Maybe this is an old trick that i rediscovered,  but seems like an alternative to heat and pliers. Or maybe it was the 105 degree ambient temp and 11% humidity. The hose clamp now has a cherished spot on the kitchen table. Al

A great tip. I wrote in down in my little notebook on pipe repair. Who knows? I may need it sometime. Thanks. :)

AJ