Stuck Stem

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugsahearn

Reaction score
I've got a new old stock Orlik straight billiard with an innertube. The stem is stuck. I turned it a quarter way left and it just wont budge anymore. I've tried freezing and freezing about ten times and there is nothing I can do. Can anyone help me? This is a really dope pipe

Well, since no one replied since 4 a.m. or whatever...

I'm no expert and don't know what's going on, but I've had that happen. What I'd do after getting ticked off is tape the stem heavily for protection, freeze it for about four hours, and then use pliers on it, daring the friggin' thing to break. I do believe I would twist the other way, and if possible try to support the shank in some way as you twist. Perhaps with other pliers? If you're concerned about breakage, you could send it to an actual repairman, and he could break it for you. Then you could blame him.

Thanks man, how do you think I should tape it? Any ideas how to support shank

If it's a valuable pipe, I'd send it to a qualified pipesmith in a heartbeat since I know I'd break it and then would have to send it anyway! Yes, I speak through experience!

:no:

Cheers,

RR

I think it cost less than a repair job would lol. Really nice pipe, maybe I should try brining it outside on a really rainy humid day?