Stumped Again

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bemused

Reaction score
Stupid PAD is getting out of control. I ended up winning an auction and these are two of the pipes in the lot. Anybody have any info as to what they might be? Any input appreciated.

Pipe #1: it's metal. That's about as far as I've gotten.
Bronze? Copper? Weed pipe?
No markings

Pipe #2: heavy for it's size, has a metal bowl that I'd guess copper or bronze. The rest is...meerschaum? Clay? It's a cool little pipe and very ornate:

Neither one seems real to me, in the pragmatic, smokeable sense. They seem more like artwork or movie props, just as a guess. Or maybe--and here's where it gets scary--they're from another planet! Good luck handling your PAD, even though it's obviously too late for you, and you too have joined the Legion of the Lost.

Richard Burley":ymcmkc1x said:
Neither one seems real to me, in the pragmatic, smokeable sense. They seem more like artwork or movie props, just as a guess. Or maybe--and here's where it gets scary--they're from another planet! Good luck handling your PAD, even though it's obviously too late for you, and you too have joined the Legion of the Lost.
Great observation Mr. B...including and especially about them being from another planet!

They are certainly, er, unique.......ya that's it.....unique! But hey, if they float your boat that's all that matters. I actually kinda like them from an art perspective. Hope they smoke acceptably.

:face:

Cheers,

RR

brewdude":1pkdh978 said:
They are certainly, er, unique.......ya that's it.....unique! But hey, if they float your boat that's all that matters.
Haha they don't float my boat, I'm a briar guy. Mostly just looking for info since they are so...not like other pipes. They came with a lot of pipes I got mostly to clean up and resale. It was kind of a mystery lot with some pipe stands I wanted and wanted to check out a couple meers. I could see there were some mysteries in there and these were two of the mysteries. I don't like the meers so really all I'm going to keep is a couple pipe stands and a nice straight grain Orlik bulldog. I should at least get my money back on the rest and get the stands and the Orlik for free. Time will tell on that ;)

I do kinds like the bent pipe, whatever it is, kind of cool as a decoration. I have basically zero interest in smoking it. However, the draw is clear!