Suggestions for deep, dark, black cavendish?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forsooth

Reaction score
I like deep, very dark cavendish blends like Mocha Black, VBC, BCA, etc.

I'm going to put in an order to P&C soon (they have a discount going on). Can you suggest some other aromatic black (or dark) cavendishes that I can try?

Funny that you mention that. I love TS and on this order I have 32 oz. of it on my cart!

But what I'm looking for here is blacker than Trout Stream, like a BCA-type black.

Altadis Galleria "Midnight Smoke" is an all black cavendish,,a sample arrived the other day,,,,haven't sampled it yet but it smells pretty good.

McClelland #620 Mocha Black..or 600 Special Black...or 615 Calypso Black...or the match for Argosy in the Bulk matches section on P&C's site.

I have 3 ounces of Mac Baren Original Choice that I'm looking to trade to/pawn off on somebody. It's a virginia/burley/cavendish blend. I bought it when I was going through a light aromatic phase. PM me if you're interested.

I have a pound of the Cup o Joes A30000 (Dunhill Black Cav re-creation) that I use to mix with other things once in a while. So far as straight Black Cavs go this stand pretty well on it's own. I like it much more than the McBarens Black Ambrosia.

A few years ago I used to smoke this a lot, especially at cafes and the like. It gets a much better reception than say, Irish Flake. ;)

C&D, #300 Apricots & Cream;

An all black mixture of unsweetened black Cavendish and #734, Green River Vanilla, flavored with apricot brandy for a most mild smoke. (The ladies like the aroma. It's been called a "marriage saver!")

I like this blend and,

C&D, #515C Chocolate Nougat;

Mild black Cavendish sprinkled with brown sweet Virginia and pure natural cocoa bean extracts.

Order 2oz of each and you'll be back for more.

I'll put in a second on the Blacksburg, with a tip of my hat to Sailor Jack. I found it while lazing my way through Tobacco Reviews dot com one day. Hard to imagine anything that good outta Altadis.

I'm thinkin' our boy here otta be goin' for some Gawith Irish XX or the like. It's pretty darn black by golly and certainly does have an aroma. Yumpin Yiminy...that'd put some hair on his eyeballs!

Black Cordial a cherry flavored, aromatic ,creamy blend...

Funn