Suggestions for first tin tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koogs

Reaction score
I'd really like to find a good tin tobacco to start out with. I've only smoked aromatics, but when I smoke cigars I like a more robust and smokey flavor. Any suggestion as to what tin would be good for my kind of tastes?

koogs":ii5cbzgd said:
I'd really like to find a good tin tobacco to start out with. I've only smoked aromatics, but when I smoke cigars I like a more robust and smokey flavor. Any suggestion as to what tin would be good for my kind of tastes?
Hmm, I don't know if either come in a tin, but packaging aside my 2 favorite cigar leaf blends are John patton Stormfront (Burley/Cigar leaf) and VA Spice (Virginia/ Cigar leaf).

The other poster mentioned Robusto. I've not had that but I THINK it's one of those cigar leaf blends with latakia. If you want smoky that's it, but it's not smoky like a cigar; it's a campfire like. Another cigar leaf and latakia blend that I have tried is Billy Budd. It's very well thought of but only comes in bulk I think. Personally I can't detect the cigar leaf however. Anything with latakia tends to drown out less potent flavors, which is why I like tobaccos that use it in only the smallest quantities. I just blended one such tobacco which uses lat as 7.5% of the total blend and there's still no mistaking its presence.

Orlick Golden Sliced. Great tobacco, readily available, and pretty darn inexpensive.

I agree on Robusto and Key Largo for a cigar like buzz. Robusto especially.