Suggestions for large bulk storage

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slide":77x9kvcp said:
Brewdude":77x9kvcp said:
I took a hint from KevinM and used a can to pack tobacco into a jar today.

:scratch:

A pint jar will hold a 1/2 pound of ribbon cut with a little head space. So a quart jar with packing the tobacco in could hold a pound.
Dunno about the ribbon cut you're speaking of

Cheers,

RR
What I just jarred up today was C&D Bayou Morning. I put a 1/4 pound in two pint jars and then as an after thought decided to see how much I could actually get in the jar. I was able to get the remainder and it weighed out right.

With that said I have no idea if the compressions effect and having less air in the jar will help or hurt the aging of the tobacco.
Slide, my reference is primarily directed at P&W Churchill and #78. They are very bulky, and require more space. These to me are ribbon.

I'm also familiar with C&D BM. In fact it's one of my 3 top VaPAers. And yet this seems to be more of a broken flake than a ribbon cut.

Or, I could just be mis-remembering and talking whole loads of rubbish.

:joker:

Cheers,

RR

No I am sure you are closer to right than me. Very short, thin cuts for sure. :lol:

Brewdude":6eox2x8u said:
So I gather that a single container for 5# of pipe weed is probably not going to be practical.

Or

You could send out enough samples to us so as to leave you with 1 pound left, which would be much easier for you to jar up. :lol:

And as an edit, I'm sure I was thinking of Exhausted Rooster rather than Bayou Morning.

So I well may be FOS after all!!

drunk3.gif

Cheers,

RR

Rob_In_MO":ex9u8qxa said:
Brewdude":ex9u8qxa said:
So I gather that a single container for 5# of pipe weed is probably not going to be practical.

Or

You could send out enough samples to us so as to leave you with 1 pound left, which would be much easier for you to jar up. :lol:
Ja ja, alvays mit ta chokes.........

arsch.gif

Cheers,

RR

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? That said, two pounds of C & D Epiphany will fit into three quart mason jars with a little left over for me. That's pushing the tobac pretty hard into the jar. There is enough air space between the shreds of tobac that room at the top of the jar is unneeded.