Suggestions

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLogo-Mat

Reaction score
What do you prefer with a morning cup of coffee?
I've tried Chelsea Morning- didn't "wow" me.

Mornings are plain burley time for me. Five Brothers, SWR, Prince Albert, something like that.

Okay, this is a secret and you gotta promise you won't say anything to anybody.......
Okay?..................Escudo always in the morning with a good cup o Joe. ;) 

A good, spicy VaPer + Coffee is magic. If you're out of Escucdo, you could try J. Patton's Cool Hand Fluke or C&D Bayou Morning.

I can do Perique in small doses. How is the Cool Hand Fluke in that sense?

I have Classic Burley Kake in my pipe right now with a cup of coffee on the side.

In the interests of full disclosure, this is the 4th bowl of the morning and the last cup of coffee finished the pot, so it is not like I just woke up.

Previous bowls were Berkshire, PS Turkish, and Man's Best Friend.

I like Germains Plumcake, it has a little bit of seetness that goes well with black coffee if you are a cream and/or sugar person then I don't know

Is Germains Plumcake hard to get? I know some of their stuff is not always available, like the special lat maybe...

Plumcake is one of the ones that seems to be still available, mind you it is a bit of an Aro, smells like Anise when you open the tin, but doesn't really taste like that kind of a mild sweet raisin/fig flavor, but the Virginia flavors still come through

TheLogo-Mat":xovrz0nu said:
I can do Perique in small doses. How is the Cool Hand Fluke in that sense?

CHF is the opposite of small doses...certainly more than in Escudo. If that's more your speed, I'm a big fan of GL Pease Fillmore and Telegraph Hill (Fillmore has a trace of Latakia so its more leathery than a usual VaPer).

Whatever I have opened. :) Since I have ERR Match opened, it fits the bill nicely.

If I smoke in the morning it's usually something like OGS or Long Golden Flake. A straight VA from McClelland is nice too. Sophisticate makes a good morning blend.

Depends on what kinda day weatherwise and how I'm feeling but it's usuall either a bowl of Royal Yacht or McC's FM2000 or 2010 most of the time. A cuppa Chicory coffee N'Awlins style with it ALWAYS  :twisted: :twisted: