Summer Cold...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootist51

Reaction score
Last Friday night, at work, I began to feel a "tickle" in my sinus and at the back of my throat. By Saturday I was so sick I barely left the bed, fever, cough, the whole nine yards. With the temps in the upper 80's and lower 90's and more humidity than anyone needs, I couped in the apartment, sipping Nyquil, Dayquil and popping pills with orange juice. It is absolutely miserable to catch a cold in the Summer.

Today, I finally felt enough better to try a pipe. Loaded up some Carter Hall in a cob and had at it. Lord, that's good. I usually smoke Virginias and Va. Flakes, but this OC really is a delight after the last few days of forced abstinence.

Tomorrow I dig out some 5 year old Old Gowrie...Look out!

At least there's some upside to a summer cold, :lol!:

Going in and out of AC (dry air) and hot humid air is what kills me. I think I need to live in the Yukon during the summer and NH in the winter. Or southern Argentina in July since that's winter for them. :) Perpetual winter would be awesome.

I've been diligently eating 2 oranges every morning, taking 50mg of Zinc daily, and keeping my sinuses flushed daily with salt water. So far I've been 2 years without a bacterial or viral infection.

Bonus is that with clear sinuses, I'm able to taste my pipe tobacco and the transitions in my premium cigars much better!

I just got through watching my wife suffer through a summer cold. One thing that can really help is lots of vitamin C.