Summer splurge

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huffelpuff

Reaction score
Stocked up on a few things that should arrive tomorrow.
16 oz PS80 Norwegian blend
16oz D&R 3 Sails
5 pouches of Drexel VIII
8oz of Two Friends Redwood
2oz of Two Friends Redwood to smoke now
100g Orlik Golden Sliced

Should last me the summer

Also picked up 2 1.15oz tubs of Garrett Scotch Snuff and yet another flat of Mason jars lol

Jim

HP ol’ buddy...nice to see this...and that there is at least one other guy out there that smokes Redwood. Good stuff.

I see you’re getting some RYO stuff too. Howz that going for you?

Dave, the RYO stuff is one of the best investments I've ever made thank you for that. I rolled back into town from a road trip to Texas a couple of days ago and it was snowing like crazy up here. End of May and we're still getting snow.... Gotta love it. Those quick smokes have been a real life saver for sure and with a touch of moisture added they are great smokes in my pipes as well. I've been meaning to try Redwood for quite some time but always put it off. After losing McC I really don't want to risk missing a blend I might love. I figured from the description that 8oz to put away was a safe bet.

Jim

The Redwood is quite tasty! I could see it being a much bigger seller if it were offered as a flake. I may have to press some and see how it does.

Jim

I seem to remember Redwood being sold in bulk as a kind of crumble cake.

Well, anyway, if you like Redwood and want to try something sort of close...think about Night Train. A classic...old school. Strong-ish.

Jim, you got you some fine smokin' right there. Don't know anything about the Redwood stuff though. Think I have a tin of this knocking around somewhere that I have yet to open-

2d7213c283dfa32d0f25.jpg

Cheers,

RR

Blackhorse":wpjd02rh said:
I seem to remember Redwood being sold in bulk as a kind of crumble cake.

Well, anyway, if you like Redwood and want to try something sort of close...think about Night Train.  A classic...old school.  Strong-ish.
NT is one of my staples. Wunnerful stuff!

Cheers,

RR

Rande, the Redwood is absolutely worth digging out to try. Dare I say it but it's the closest best substitute I've found so far for my beloved and defunct blackwood flake. Granted it doesn't have quite the strength or twang but this is some of the best chit I've smoked in quite some time. I'll have to check out the Night Train it sounds right up my alley.

Jim

huffelpuff":7k7medxo said:
Rande, the Redwood is absolutely worth digging out to try. Dare I say it but it's the closest best substitute I've found so far for my beloved and defunct blackwood flake. Granted it doesn't have quite the strength or twang but this is some of the best chit I've smoked in quite some time. I'll have to check out the Night Train it sounds right up my alley.

Jim
Hey Jim

I'll send you a chunk of NT to check out.

Cheers,

RR