superbowl chow

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark

Reaction score
OK guys, what's it gonna be for sundays game,,,chili, pizza, lasagna,,,,subs, sliders, peanutbutter on a cracker,,,,got any favorite recipes you'd like to throw out there ?

I'm stuffing jalapenos with cheese and bacon and tossing them in the smoker with a pork butt, a turkey breast, scotch eggs and a pot of chili.

gotta make some potato salad and pick up some rolls,,,,and BEER,,,Giants by 6 :D

A giant pot of chili is our tradition. I bring my folks over, my 92 yr old Pap really enjoys the experience and requested some dogs as well (when you are 92, your wish is my command!) He is a Packers fan (oldest?), and I hate the Steelers, so we had a grand time last year. A few neighbors come over, we have a grand time. My Ravens are out, so no pressure. I'm now a Brady-hater, so go Giants! (I have to find a way to get a dog in the hunt.

From a few years back...we can't find that Farve jersey, we were going to burn it in the cul-de-sac!

The Packs last championship game, hey, he's just resting his eyes...

Last year, rapt attention during the big game and time for a Heisman pose during a chow break. 91 yrs old, he still wants the ball! He's legally blind, but that monacle, from the VA allows him to see a little.

The party I go to every year features The Sauce, a giant red sauce ragout (aka tomato gravy) groaning with meat. (Sometimes it's called Noah's Sauce, becuase it has two of every kind of animal.) It's a scaled-down version of his grandafather's recipe from his time as a mess cook during WW2 (the original is to feed a few hundred, I believe.)

Besides that, chips, dip, cheese platter, maybe some beer. The disadvantage of the Sauce is it discourages people from bringing anything else meaty.

Al, it looks like your father is the life of the party! It's great that you two can share these moments together!

Back on topic: the menu tonight consists of pulled pork sandwiches and made-to-order taco salads (none of that mixed at noon, eaten at 8PM, soggy in the bowl junk). Plus a huge tray of pickled veggies, fresh veggies, homemade beer bread and dipping sauces, and about a thousand pounds of Utz chips and a thousand pounds of craft beers!

We had dinner beforehand, but the host of the Superbowl party we went to made
Guiness Car Bomb Cupcakes. Guiness in the chocolate cupcake part; irish whiskey in the chocolate ganache center; and Bailey's Irish cream in the buttercream icing.

They were amazing.