Suprise and Dr. Grabow

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

momus

Reaction score
Well I just finished discussing my broken stem on my Sav Tortuga on djf1's post and it got me thinking about the dimensions. Took out a Grabow Grand Duke (only the grandest!) and took off the stem and realized it fits into the Sav very very well. I love that little billiard (although it is a pain to clean...stupid air-hole isn't centered---but it smokes easy peezy) and so I'm pretty pumped I found an easy fix.

LOL... I'm glad I was able to help! Consequently I have a very loose stem on my only Sav which I have smoked so much and still like it, so I may try your trick from another pipe!

Yes, thank you for the post! Now I just need to get some extra Grabow stems...its not like those new ones were built to last. And with the Sav I gotta take it apart every smoke cuz of the air-hole alignment so I can run a cleaner through it--just a matter of time before that cheap thing breaks. Heck, when I bought the Sav it had a different Sav stem on it then the one it was supposed to. I went to the Dr. Grabow site but no info about buying replacement stems. They gotta sell them somewhere....