Sutliff I believe I have found a quality Aromatic.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CipsterX

Reaction score
Ok so most of the time I smoke English blends and Virginia Flakes and well as you know the room not does not agree with everyone. As much as I think Frog Morton Smells amazing a lot of folks take offense. So I said to myself lets get a couple of aromatics to smoke once in a while to mix it up and get the room note to everyone's liking. Well most of the ones I have smoked in the past have done nothing for me but give me hollow flavor and tongue bite but Sutliff Private Stock does the exact opposite. I mean they are really heavily cased but the ones I have tried burn great, taste great, and have no bite at all. So far I have Maple Street and Molto Dolce and they both excellent for what they are. Now don't get me wrong they are no way near what I love to smoke but for a light flavorful smoke that smells great you really can't go wrong with this brand.

I've by no means tried them all, but I keep a tin of St. George's Blend going. It's supposed to be a Paladin match, but it's nowhere near as bad as that. :p In fact, it's quite tasty and smells great.

As you say, it's not quite in the same league with my English mixtures and Virginia flakes, but as aromatics go, it's very high quality stuff. Good price, too. Around six bucks at the local smoke shop.

My wife begs me to pick up smoking aromatics. She claims its the pleasant room note she is after but I suspect she wants to try them herself. If I can get her into smoking pipes though it would be a fair price to pay, I guess. Oh the things I do for that woman....anyway I'll have to keep Sutliff in mind when I "take the plunge".

So far the Sutliff i have tried is Black Swan(a really reach all black cavendish, seriously smooth), Alexander Bridge(a little more on the sweet side, with some lighter virginias and some burley).  There are some others but they are in my Humidor locker at my local tobacconist, and I cant remember their names at the moment.  Will post name when i get there again.  Lolzn.

I'm not much for aromatics either, but I do enjoy MacBarron Vanilla Cream Flake.  It has a nice room note and you can even taste a little vanilla every once in a while.

Todd

Also university flake smells awesome and smokes like good quality tobacco. IMHO

Never tried any of the Sutliff tobaccos. I'll give them some serious consideration. My favorite aromatic is my own mixture that has a goodly amount of Va.'s and VaPers as well as some aromatics tossed in. 4Noggins' Killington is quite good. I highly recommend it.
AJ

Sutliff makes an amazing number of blended aromatic tobaccos. If you are fortunate enough to go to the CORPS pipe show in Richmond, VA this coming October they always have an amazing display of tins stacked several feet tall that they give away to the attendees as free samples!!
I'm sure that tobaccoreviews.com will have some good info on a Sutliff blend you will enjoy that has a great room note as well.