Swan Song

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfredo_buscatti

Reaction score
I've had a browser open to the Knox Board or BoB for nearly ten years, but as I've quit smoking, that has changed. At one time I had nearly $10,000.00 in pipes and tobacco, but now all that's left is memories and the bulk tobacco listed in my current sale (yes, a shameless plug). I have dearly loved the pipe and these boards and have profited much from spending time with all of you. I wish you all many happy years and many happy smokes.

I wish you nothing but the best. It's a shame I arrived a little late to get to know you. I'll smoke a bowl in your honor.

Hey man. Well, even if you're tobacco free do stop by to check in once in a while! The new lifestyle will probably do you some good.

Guys, now that Alfredo's going in a different direction I'll let you in on this (I hope he won't mind now):

Mike's one of the bigtime "stealth bombers" on the board. In a recent "care package" he sent me there was enough serious tobacco to last me months. This wasn't the Borkum Riff and Captain Black kind of fare either. It was 5 year old G&H Dark Plug, Tambolaka, Black and Brown Irish X, 1792 and the like. He admonished me not to say anything on the board, and asked for nothing in return. He also recently informed me that even more is in the way! :shock:

I figure now, since he's taking a break from the hobby, I'd break his "anonymity".

Thanks Mike, your generosity will not be forgotten! 8)

Yeah Mike, no need to run off.

There's still plenty of New Pipe Smokers that you could give advice to or point in the right direction. Even some of us more experienced smokers could still learn a tip or two.

It's been an honor, Sir.

mike, its been great getting to know you this past short stretch... sad to see you go. godspeed.

I too am sad to see you go, but as ROB said, you still have a wealth of knowledge and information , that we all would like for you to continue sharing.
If thats at all possible. As I understand, that, that might be hard for you to do, if you need to make a change and stay away from the pipe.

Either way, you will be missed.
Dusty

Just saw this while looking up some other data...and I'm also both sad to see you go and thankful for those times I was able to read your posts and know you as an expert willing to share knowledge in a kind and clear manner.

God bless you and yours now and in the future, which I hope will be both kind and rewarding for you.

Warmest regards,

BH

More later.

Putting down the pipe for health reasons. Nothing acute but if I don't stop now, it will become so.

Lovely, lovely, but it's gone, and in being gone, in the transience of that evanescing smoke, more lovely still.

Mike, I'm truly sorry I didn't get to know you. I understand that you are a good man and I hate to see you go. I sincerely hope that your health improves.
Thank you for what you've done for me personally.
Take care and I won't forget May or June. Lovely names, aren't they?

Mike,

Thanks for all your help and useful tips when I first joined the Knox board! It was also a pleasure to meet you at the TAPS shows too! If you leave the board then that's your choice but I hope you will drop in occasionally to pass along your wisdom and helpful tips to others.

Jim

Just want to give you my sincerest thank you.

Mike was the first Brother to really help me out and he sent me quite a few samples as a gift. I'll always appreciate that more than you might think.

Anyway, if not in pipe smoking, I hope you find happiness and relaxation in another hobby, maybe a new one, a new adventure.

Take care sir :)

alfredo_buscatti":h6abls24 said:
Lovely, lovely, but it's gone, and in being gone, in the transience of that evanescing smoke, more lovely still.
That's beautiful.

Take care and I wish you the best in all things.

Mike, I am sorry to see you leaving the pipe and the board. It has been many a good year both here and the old Knox board reading your comments and helpfull posts. May you have a great future with what ever endevor you take up. Regards

My very best wishes and Godspeed Mike. A tough decision no doubt, but a man has to do what a man has to do.

Go in health brother.

sad.gif

Cheers,

RR

Do stop by to guide those in need of guidance (really who doesn't need some from time to time?) and just to say hello. Thanks so much for everything, Brother. Cheers!

I'll always keep a pipe full of Cumberland or Dark flake raised as a tribute to your good taste! :cheers:

Mike, (from one Mike to another...lol)

I've immensely enjoyed (and benefited from) your wisdom on this board, and on the old Knox board. You have helped me, and no doubt countless others, to become a more mature and open-minded lover of the noble pipe-weed.

As others have said, I hope you'll drop in from time to time.

Godspeed my friend.

Mike