Sweet and Savory

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Storm_Crow

Reaction score
I just wanted to make mention of this blend. It's a sample I received from pipesandcigars.com as part of their own Hearth and Home Marques series.

It's the most outstanding surprise I've had in tobacco. It's VA, orientals, and perique (I guess I should avoid calling it a VaPer lest the VaPer purists razz me). The name is apt. The blend is naturally sweet from the VA and orientals mix, and there seems to be a very heavy application of perique.

If I can find any criticism, it may be that it went after my tongue a bit, but that is most certainly user error as I was enjoying it quite intensely.

It's the orientals that make this blend stand apart from others of its kind, and aside from simply being enjoyable, it's one of the more unique blends I've sampled.

I'd like to thank Russ and his fellows and P&C for including this blend unasked for.

I would also like to curse the lot of them for creating that catelog that got me to spending on an order I wasn't previously considering. :p

Other items in the order: 123 which is a cigar leaf blend with a bit more lat than I like in it. I also received Classic Burley Kake, and MM7 (both good but the latter would give you aro haters a heart attack as it has an unapologetic blueberry taste and room note). I'm still waiting for the backordered Wessex Gold Brick.

Hearth and Home seems to be some seriously good stuff overall. Thanks for the tips!

When you mention aromatic of blueberry in the MM7, is it artificial-blueberry-pie, sticky-sweet, kind of blueberry or a pleasant, natural blueberry?

Q. Are all the Hearth and Home tobaccos blended by RO?
A. (from the P & C Website) Hearth & Home Pipe Tobaccos, developed for PipesandCigars.com by Master Blender Russ Ouellette using over 30 years of blending experience, cover every genre of pipe tobacco, many using unusual combinations to create a unique smoking experience. In five short years, we have gone from six blends to well over 30, accounting for more than a ton and a half of tobacco per year.

There is now a H&H Landmark series as well as others; this is the statement from the H&H tinned section—I don't know if RO is the blender for these other tobaccos.

Kyle Weiss":u45mxvd1 said:
Hearth and Home seems to be some seriously good stuff overall. Thanks for the tips!

When you mention aromatic of blueberry in the MM7, is it artificial-blueberry-pie, sticky-sweet, kind of blueberry or a pleasant, natural blueberry?
It doesn't taste artificial but if your looking for any tobacco taste, you won't find it here. It tastes so much like bluebery that I'm pretty sure its high in vitamins and antioxidants.

Storm_Crow":yr5gz2ve said:
It doesn't taste artificial but if your looking for any tobacco taste, you won't find it here. It tastes so much like bluebery that I'm pretty sure its high in vitamins and antioxidants.
:lol: Perfect answer--got it. Thanks! 8)

For the record, I may have come off a bit too dismissive of 123...if you like latakia with your cigar leaf, it's the best I've had. You can taste the cigar leaf which is often buried by the lat in other blends like Billy Budd. Having said that, I would have preferred the latakia to add only the mildest seasoning, and that's not the case here. Still, this could be a flagship blend for some folks. If you like blends like Billy Budd, this is a must try.