TAD in full effect

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanHandler

Reaction score
Well, I’m definitely suffering a severe case of TAD. I just ordered a bunch of various tobaccos over the last few days and thought I was done... until I got here to BoB.

Thanks to a couple of posts I ended up with a few 1 oz samples from L.J. Perretti:

English D-7485
Tashkent
London Flake
Cuban Mixture

Then another member here (won’t mention any names GeoffC) mentioned the Boswell Sampler. Ordered the English Sampler.

Please somebody make it stop!

Doesn't take much at all. Well it's only a couple ounces, then a couple tins, then pounds. Next thing you know your buying multiple pipes a day. But boy does it feel good ?

Ah, well, yah..... You'll pull through alright. At least you're getting ounces and samplers. You'll know you're having a problem when you're buying sleeves of tins and/or half pounds of stuff based on reviews as samplers....

I myself rarely succumb to that extreme. Only once a month or so... :roll:

Once you get to where you can settle for a few select blends your TAD will abate..... Then you can focus on pipes, lighters, tampers, trays, pouches, etc, etc ......

Ozark Wizard":i9e1bu7j said:
Ah, well, yah..... You'll pull through alright. At least you're getting ounces and samplers. You'll know you're having a problem when you're buying sleeves of tins and/or half pounds of stuff based on reviews as samplers....

I myself rarely succumb to that extreme. Only once a month or so... :roll:

Once you get to where you can settle for a few select blends your TAD will abate..... Then you can focus on pipes, lighters, tampers, trays, pouches, etc, etc ......
As a fairly new piper, I guess I’m in my “discovery” phase. Since I finally slowed down my smoking and can actually taste tobaccos, I’m wanting to try everything. Right now I’m really liking latakia/oriental/english (absolutely in love with Bengal Slices). I’ve tried a few va and va/pers but damn if they don’t burn (Escudo lit my head on fire). Got some SG Full Virginia Flake on the way based on reviews. Fingers crossed. I’m starting to develop a taste for burleys so I’m going to try and branch out there. I really do like Crooner. Just hoping I don’t get burned out on latakia as it’s about 80% of my current stash.

Anyway yes, I’m eventually hoping to narrow things down to a few core blends.

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile!

latest

Cheers,

RR

Update: I just received my Boswell English Sampler yesterday. Six 1 oz. ziplock baggies.

Northwoods
Countryside
Railroad Station
Magnum Blend
Light English
Titus

I’m not going to review each one as they are thoroughly reviewed on TR.

Personally I really enjoyed every one of them and they are fairly mild and super easy to smoke. I was in search of a good “all day” smoke and most of these will easily fit the bill.

Also ordered four 1 oz. samples from L.J. Peretti:

Tashkent
Cuban Mix
Blend D-7485
London Flake

Will be trying these tomorrow.