Taken a day off,, The Adventure begins !

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustyRoundup

Reaction score
I am headin up to a burn from last year, to look for morel mushrooms.
Oh yeah ! I love morels.
Takin my "Natch" pipe , because it just seems fitting, going to be smoking Bobs Chocolate Flake today, (I hope the bears dont like the smell of BCF :shock: )

The burn was up on Skalkaho Pass. Its pretty neat country. First thing , we have to don waders, and cross a raging creek , then climb a mountain, then climb more to hopefully bump into some huge patches of morels.

My ruck is at 25 lbs , without my hip boots or lunch right now.
It feels like its 40 lbs, but I used my scale for packin horses, and it says 20, so I guess I better man up and deal with it.

Man, If Kyle were here, he could probably scout the whole damn mountain before we could even cross the creek. :D

Sounds like a hell of a day, Dusty.

The season for morels doesn't last long here and it's already gone, but it sure is nice while it lasts.

If Kyle was there, he'd stake out the whole mountain and setup mining claims. 8)

Wish it could be a threesome. Sounds to me like a great bonding adventure.

What an extremely cool way to take the day off. I'm truly envious. I used to trek all over the Pikes Peak area in Colorado Springs, but I didn't smoke then. Oh how I would love to traverse those mountains again with my trusty pipe! I hope you have a wonderful time.

Brian.

I have a lot of mycologist friends in mind when I go hiking around, they collect all sorts of edible fungi. They know I won't eat 'em either, because I'm not too into mushrooms. Yeah, I'd probably start looking at rocks and wondering where the mine should go. :twisted:

Buckshot":m7j67kvh said:
I have often said you were a person of high morels.
...aaaaand we're done here.
facepalm.gif
:lol:

8)