Talbert raises the benchmark in fantasy pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird but in a good way. I see the same shapes in my dreams and tends to come out in any art that I do.

Talbert's work is fantastic.

Trevor has really outdone himself this time! I personally think he in undercharging for this beast! :shock:

Bravo, Trevor!

I really like the innovative idea, of a meerschaum lined expansion chamber in this pipe! An innovative design, to say the least! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

That pipe is definitely a work of art, I cannot even imagine how he thinks those things up. I myself will never own one because of the price, but it is pretty cool.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I haven't been round the forums in a while since I pretty much had to collapse after I finished October's work - It's a crazy month here for our biz. Not to mention that after I got all the pipe stuff done, I was way behind on my web comic and movie review blog too... Gah! Too much to do! Still, it's a lot more fun than being bored. I've done several of those meerschaum-lined expansion chambers before and they work really well. That Somalian meer I used is very porous and more absorbent of moisture than a plain briar chamber, so you don't get as much of the "sloshing around" effect as condensate accumulates. It's ridiculously complicated to do on a non-industrial scale so the labor on those pipes always runs their prices way up, though, and the space requirements of the design mean the pipe shapes must be really unusual as well.

He is truly one of the top if not the top craftsman in my opinion, now if I could only afford them.