Talk to me about English blends

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also once you think you’ve found what you like, don’t think you have to buy a ton of it. Your tastes will probably change and evolve. Leaving you with a ton of said tobacco. This is especially true with English Blends that don’t particularly age. But that’s another topic.
Yes thank you. I have been buying the small 1oz of different types to see what I like best. Some only came in pouches like Borkum Riff and Sir walter Raleigh...I found i did not care for either. The Borkum Riff was harsh, and the Raleigh was so bitter and horrid I consider it unsmoke-able.

Hey guys, based on some recommendations here I ordered and just received; Stokkerbies English Oriental Supreme, Proper English, and Peterson' Morning Pipe.

The lattakia smell is very distinctive and strong. Im thinking I might need another pipe to sample these because if I dont like them, the ghosting will probably be with my pipe for a long time. The Morning Pipe smells the most "mild", but what is most enjoyable to smoke...time will tell.

Hey guys, based on some recommendations here I ordered and just received; Stokkerbies English Oriental Supreme, Proper English, and Peterson' Morning Pipe.

The lattakia smell is very distinctive and strong. Im thinking I might need another pipe to sample these because if I dont like them, the ghosting will probably be with my pipe for a long time. The Morning Pipe smells the most "mild", but what is most enjoyable to smoke...time will tell.
All good choices you are correct about the early morning pipe being milder.

Get a Cob in which to smoke your new tobaccos!!! FTRPLT

This is likely not an issue, but C&D Big N' Burley is a powerful ghoster. It has latakia in it, but I don't think it is the problem. D&R's Picayune is like that too. Must be a type of perique or type of burley that is the culprit. Yes, I know perique is a burley, but another type of burley has to be the reason. I only smoke these two blends out of a cob for this reason.

A lot of great recommendations in this thread for someone new to the hobby like me. So many options to try but sometimes it's overwhelming knowing where to start!