Tamper for a friend.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejames

Reaction score
Have a friend in Florida who made a Grabow themed leather coaster for me. As a thank you I made this tamper to send to him. Made from briar and a 500 Mag. shell casing. I split the casing and added a vulcanite ring between the two pieces.

Great job. The spacer is a super addition...but then, I'm sure it was REAL easy to do. :lol:

What do you do on the bottom? It there a plug or something in the primer hole? I've always thought that I'd put a brass plate or something on the bottom so it didn't gunk up like tampers always do. I small circle of brass or steel with a stem on it the size of the primer hole...pounded in or whatever would work. I guess the best would be to solder it on...more fun.

Beautifull job on the sculpting as well.

Just shined it up some. I think that with even a smooth surface it will still get gunked up unless wiped off after using. All those I use do.

Way, way too pretty to use :p "Fraid I'd just use my old Peterson nail tamper and put that one in my pouch to "show off" :p

As a side note:

I am glad to see a spent primer.....

tamp tamp tamp... BOOM! would really suck :)

Bill

billmess":ag4wq3l8 said:
As a side note:

I am glad to see a spent primer.....

tamp tamp tamp... BOOM! would really suck :)

Bill
I almost did that once!