Tampers designed & made by Jar

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jar

Reaction score
Few years ago I designed and executed from ebony, black oak, exotic wood and sterling silver set of pipe tampers as gift to one of my pipe Friends. I dare to post here a link to pictures of these tampers:
http://www.myalbum.com/Album=ZPTUFX36

Harlock999":fmpbpysw said:
Very nice! A fine gift indeed.
Thanks for your kind words ! I am specially proud of reticulated surface of silver visible at picture nr. 2. It was designed to match the Shell surface of the Dunhill pipes like the Dunhill pot at this picture.

cigarstorejay":3g32foc9 said:
Great stuff. One question, though, Why Stop making them?
They look great!
Thanks a lot for all the kind words. Well, years ago I retired as active sculptor and goldsmith-silversmith, switching to writing popular and scientific texts on goldsmithing - theory, history and practice - and to teaching - short seminars for historians of applied art, conservators and persons from within the museum's circles. But as I love the feel of tools in my hands and I still have some new ideas, I am seated by the bench from time to time designing and making some new things for my Wife and for some of my Friends. This is how I created these tampers.

Jar":tkbhkpxq said:
cigarstorejay":tkbhkpxq said:
Great stuff. One question, though, Why Stop making them?
They look great!
Thanks a lot for all the kind words. Well, years ago I retired as active sculptor and goldsmith-silversmith, switching to writing popular and scientific texts on goldsmithing - theory, history and practice - and to teaching - short seminars for historians of applied art, conservators and persons from within the museum's circles. But as I love the feel of tools in my hands and I still have some new ideas, I am seated by the bench from time to time designing and making some new things for my Wife and for some of my Friends. This is how I created these tampers.
Well, if the muses ever inspire you to create anymore, let me know. They are really wonderful pieces.

Jay

i just found these tampers... a really nice work Jar... congratulations :)
regards
daniel

Jacek knows allready that I´m definately impressed. Just to let the others know: I think these pipe gadgets are wonderful pieces. Especially the pipe-ring on that Dunhill Pot looks marvelous.

Thanks for showing these things in here…

Excellent work, Jar. If the price is right, there's definitely a market for them.

It is really great pleasure to read so many kind words. Thank you so very much !