Taranto's Hateful Eight

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffer Mark

Reaction score
RE this thread: https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t31202-tarantino-brings-the-pipe-back-to-the-big-screen-again?highlight=tarantino

Watched it yesterday. Those expecting a pipe fest may be disappointed. Some nice scenes but only in the first 25 minutes or so.

That said, great movie. Agatha Christie meets the (very) Wild West ala Taratino IMHO.

What is nice is they are really smoking those pipes, tamping and tending etc. They look like old pros!

I enjoyed the movie, but because of the length, I enjoyed a purloined copy from the comfort of my couch and flatscreen. My local theater didn't rate a Panavasion version, which was also a selling point. I have a tough time with movies lasting three hours (2:47 this one). The over-the-top violence in Django was dialed back a bit, but I thought it was a tad heavy on dialogue vs. action. I give it a solid "B" (would have been B+ if it were 30 minutes shorter).

Anyone notice that there appeared to be something fixed to the pipe under the bowl on Jackson's pipe?

Any thoughts?

Stick":8un06715 said:
Anyone notice that there appeared to be something fixed to the pipe under the bowl on Jackson's pipe?

Any thoughts?
It was a clip that held his tamper.

Great Tarantino movie! Great cast with the usual round up and some new faces. As a bit of a film buff I have to say I really appreciated the 70mm. The Sweetie and I were hoping to get lucky and find a theater that was screening the full length film in actual 70mm, no such luck for us country bumpkins. And as this winter has been a disappointment, I have to say I enjoyed sitting in a huge theater surrounded by all of that snow.