Tarheel7734

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hiram-2011

Reaction score
Just picked up a Ferndown pipe from this brother. Really good transaction. Great brother to deal with :)
-Shane

Well... I picked up the other Ferndown from Tarheel7734. Good deal and smooth transaction.

Thanks guys hope you enjoyed them. They are amazing pipes and wish I could have kept them.

Blackhorse":a8ksyj8e said:
Tarheel7734 completed an illegal sale today...asking for offers instead of naming a specific price. This is not allowed. He's been around enough to know better.
I did not complete any sales today. That post was old and I just forgot to put the price in the add. The pipe was sold on a different site and was named pending funds within minutes of posting the sales thread. It was a mistake I overlooked and please look at the dates of the threads of the sales thread and the pending funds thread. You locked it before I had a chance to respond. I know the rules and it was a screw up with copy and paste. The sale was not even with any members here but international members via Dunhill facebook. Please confirm these things before ruining reputation on the Bob.

For the record everywhere else I had a 300.00 price tag and accepted reasonable offers. It was just a copy and paste error from facebook. I should have proofread the post better and for this I am sorry. It will not happen again.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/427-fs-dunhill-shell-5102

So you posted the pipe for sale a month ago, without a price, had it listed elsewhere for sale as well (which should have been divulged in the ad copy) and sold it quickly, then did not remove the ad or state the pipe had sold? What a mess.

I'm not seeking to ruin any reps here. Just seeking to find out what happened and ensure site guidelines are adhered to.

Blackhorse":2qwmvdp2 said:
So you posted the pipe for sale a month ago, without a price, had it listed elsewhere for sale as well (which should have been divulged in the ad copy) and sold it quickly, then did not remove the ad or state the pipe had sold?  What a mess.

I'm not seeking to ruin any reps here. Just seeking to find out what happened and ensure site guidelines are adhered to.
At 8:12 on Apr 27 I posted an ad and screwed up and did not proof read it.
At 8:27 am Apr 27 marked it as pending funds here as well as elsewhere.
Life happened and I forgot about it till I got a message today about the question. I have not been on Bob much lately.no other place did I declare it was for sale anywhere else as its not written in any rules that I can find on any website that I have ever sold on. I don't sell often, and have had nothing but positive experiences when I have.

But from now on as a courtesy I will.

Thanks I see it now. I Will make sure if anything is listed anywhere else it is labeled so. Sometimes even those of us have been around for a while screw up without mean it to while we think we are following the rules. A simple proofread would have saved a lot of hassle.

So for the record what I did wrong was not proof read a post that left out a price. Dang tablet., left out that I was selling it elsewhere as well. Then forgot to mark it as sold. Lesson learned. Hope everyone also learned one as well.

Just completed a trade with tarhheel. Quick shipping and great communication. Thanks