Techno!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phill_osophical

Reaction score
Any techno/dance music lovers here, I have to say its one of my favorite things to listen to, anytime of the day!!

Well - I have absolutely no reservations on any kind of music and I am very much interested in electronic music, even if I don´t listen to the typical ninetees-techno-stuff all day long.

I adore the work of electronic music pioneers like Raymond Scott and on the other hand, of course Karlheinz Stockhausen has been an important personal influence to me as a composer and muscian.

I´m aware that many people wouldn´t describe Stockhausen as "Techno", but his work is fundamental to electronic music anyhow, isn´t it? I believe, there are many interesting intersections.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aNt6a5xFOnE" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>​
Kind regards
Thilo

For sufficiently broad definitions of techno, I like some subgenres... jungle, drum-n-bass, some older stuff that would be classed as dubstep now. The house/rave side of the family tree, not so much.

I don't listen to Techno that much, but remember it from the days I took a spinning class at the gym. It's tempo range seems to go well with pedaling...

I did play in an Acid Jazz group for a short time up in SF years ago. That's about as out-there as I've been aside from the occasional New Music festival.

I listen to a good chunk of everything, but more so than not I find myself listening to techno. I tent to just use techno as an umbrella term for it all, just to keep it simple. But I enjoy just about all of it's sub-genres, especially progressive, progressive house, and vocal trance.