Tequila

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bub

Reaction score
What are your thoughts about tequila.
I have sipped bourbon and scotch in a glass can you do the same with tequila?
If you are going to spend around $40 for a bottle what would you buy scotch, bourbon or tequila?

Bub":kddd4kwi said:
What are your thoughts about tequila.
I have sipped bourbon and scotch in a glass can you do the same with tequila?
If you are going to spend around $40 for a bottle what would you buy scotch, bourbon or tequila?
I'm not much of a Tequila sipper.
I use Cuervo Gold in Margaritas. 8)

(As to the last question, prolly a sour mash bourbon.)

Not a fan of tequila, but it seems to be the rage with twenty somethings gathered in groups of ten racing to guzzle their shots down and banging their glasses on the bar to gain as much attention as possible. The producers seem to be trying to change its "shot slamming" image with premium brands and slick commercials, but it still tastes like kerosene to me.

Don't care for Scotch. It tastes like iodine smells, if you know what I mean.

Bourbon. It's a winner.

Bourbon. Not much of a liquor drinker, but love the taste of good bourbon. Tequila is for margaritas. In the hot sun. Overlooking the Pacific, in California or Baja, with a slight breeze.

I reckon it's like Marmite; you either love it or hate it. I'm in the latter camp I'm afraid.

I don't drink tequila anymore because it makes me ski. My friend dragged me up to the resort, said "Hey, c'mon we're going skiing". I figured I'd go but I'd just sit in the chalet and look at the mountains, but then they gave me tequila. Apparently a couple of shots of tequila makes me think I can ski, and after the fifth shot I demand my skis. But I didn't have a snow suit, so they took me to the pro shop to rent some skis and buy a snow suit. It was white, it didn't flatter me. I looked like an avalanche coming down the mountain (Hey, why are they evacuating that villiage down there?). You'd think they'd take me to the little flat slope for beginners, but no. They drug me up to the top of mount Sonofabitch and threw me off! After it was over I lay at the bottom a lifeless wreck, waiting for the ambulance. A little kid walked up to me and said " Frosty's dead!" And that's why I don't drink tequila anymore.

Paraphrased from a story by John Pinette, but owned by everyone who ever drank tequila and went skiing.

I was there, saw it all and have a video to prove it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-z1bLGz4AMQ" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Back in my younger days ( which are moving further back now days :twisted: ) I drank just about everything that was put in front of me ( was a manhood thing ya know )  and did ALOT of Tequila !! I would not do any again these days as I don't need to prove my manhood anymore !! :twisted: :twisted:

Never could develop a palate for tequila. Most of the aged stuff tastes dirty to me.

I do enjoy a good bourbon, rye or scotch from time to time.

My favorite liquor for sipping is Spanish brandy from Jerez or Malaga.

DrumsAndBeer":yywp39cn said:
My favorite liquor for sipping is Spanish brandy from Jerez or Malaga.
Never tried any spanish brandy but I recently tried Chatelle Napoleon Brandy, $10.99 at Total Wine. A friend recommended it. I was skeptical, but it's really good, especially at that price. Cheap American brandy (Korbel, E&J, etc) is OK, but nothing special. This stuff is amazingly better for the same cost.

Salt and lemon trick with tequila is a hoax to get people to drink horse-piss!

Good tequila is to be sipped at room temperature with no condiments in sight, and can really be pleasantly enjoyed.

You can get a good Anejo or extra Anejo and it can be a nice sipping tequila. You have to get away from the large common brands.

Puff Daddy":p7ibqjeg said:
I don't drink tequila anymore because it makes me ski.
Tequila leads to all sorts of highly dangerous behavior. Once, in my early twenties, I showed up 45 minutes late for a date, with another woman on my arm. That didn't pan out nearly as well as the tequila told me it would.

I have heard enough. I am not trying tequila
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JZoJZddsSfM" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>