Terrible fishing, great pipe...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Weiss

Reaction score
...good thing my Nording was with me, and my High West rye, because the winter was so long year up in the Sierras, the fish were lazy and didn't grow up big enough to be taken home. Great weather, but that's why they call it "fishing" and not "catching." A few mild winters and the fish will be plentiful.

8)

I saw a bumper sticker or a coffee mug that read "a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work". At least you had your trusty friend with you. Better luck next time....

...truth to tell, the wind picked up so much in the afternoon I just went for a long hike instead, but with California almost doubling their fishing license prices to boot, there was an added layer of disappointment. Considering that was the only downfall of the trip, yep, it was a good one.

Luckily I love my job, too, as it involves getting paid to hike, collect rocks and hang out in the beautiful wilds of Nevada, I'm pretty lucky--I didn't have a crappy job to return to.

...still woulda liked catching some more fish...*grumble* :lol:

Cheer up...I bought a fishing licence and havent used it yet this year. I am determined to get out at least ounce or twice before it expires at the end of the year..If my schedule allows...

flytyer":6pz71pgh said:
Cheer up...I bought a fishing licence and havent used it yet this year. I am determined to get out at least ounce or twice before it expires at the end of the year..If my schedule allows...
Yeah, been there, get out at least once and you won't feel so bad... 8)