Tesla's Birthday!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2386
  • Start date
Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 2386

Happy birthday, sir!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3gOR91oentQ" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

George Kaplan":7yjriiqz said:
Nice! Love the Oatmeal, but hadn't seen that one before. The creator seems like a stand-up guy, although last I checked he was getting sued by some uber-douche site who'd stolen his work. Hope it all works out for him...

GrampaGrossbart":rhjz9voj said:
...last I checked he was getting sued by some uber-douche site who'd stolen his work. Hope it all works out for him...
It worked out pretty well for him. The site's sleazebag attorney was demanding $20'000 in damages. The Oatmeal raised over ten times that amount in donations in just seven days, photographed the money, sent the lawyer a picture of the money along with a picture of the lawyer's mother seducing a kodiak bear, and donated all of the money to charity. Matthew Inman (TheOatmeal) is now being declared as "The man who beat the internet".

That Oatmeal bit on Tesla is a classic. :cheers: Happy Birthday, Nikolai. (great place to post this, too)

The situation the Oatmeal is in with the FunnyJunk guy is embarrassing. What a stupid modern-day pissing match.

Have ego, will Internet, I always say.

8)

George Kaplan":lf354rwb said:
GrampaGrossbart":lf354rwb said:
...last I checked he was getting sued by some uber-douche site who'd stolen his work. Hope it all works out for him...
It worked out pretty well for him. The site's sleazebag attorney was demanding $20'000 in damages. The Oatmeal raised over ten times that amount in donations in just seven days, photographed the money, sent the lawyer a picture of the money along with a picture of the lawyer's mother seducing a kodiak bear, and donated all of the money to charity. Matthew Inman (TheOatmeal) is now being declared as "The man who beat the internet".
Holy hell, that is awesome! I've dialed back the time I spend online, as, BoB excepted, most of the ruddy establishment drives me to drink, but it seems that I've missed out on some pretty goddamn cool developments in the process.

Kyle Weiss":7ke1t9i7 said:
Have ego, will Internet, I always say.
Yeah, it's just baffling the things people get caught up in--it takes some serious stupid/crazy to try to sue someone after you stole their intellectual property.

George Kaplan":y9rdepek said:
Tesla needed lawyers.
Preferably ones with permission to smack him upside the head when he was about to sign away his rights to something.

Tesla: "No George, I don't want to take a controling interest in Westing..."
Attorney: [WHACK]
Tesla: "Give me the damn pen. Better yet, I'll sign that contract using this Tesla coil in my pocket and the power of my mind."

If he had good attorneys we'd all be maxing and relaxing in our flying machines and living off free electricity.

wintermute":zjo4jjlc said:
George Kaplan":zjo4jjlc said:
Tesla needed lawyers.
Preferably ones with permission to smack him upside the head when he was about to sign away his rights to something.

Tesla: "No George, I don't want to take a controling interest in Westing..."
Attorney: [WHACK]
Tesla: "Give me the damn pen. Better yet, I'll sign that contract using this Tesla coil in my pocket and the power of my mind."

If he had good attorneys we'd all be maxing and relaxing in our flying machines and living off free electricity.
:lol:

This post forever. 8)

GrampaGrossbart":s6l12d8y said:
Yeah, it's just baffling the things people get caught up in--it takes some serious stupid/crazy to try to sue someone after you stole their intellectual property.
No kidding. What an ordeal. I'm sure both of them know it's all just publicity for both sides--even bad press is still press. :|

Kyle Weiss":ntx812wc said:
GrampaGrossbart":ntx812wc said:
No kidding. What an ordeal. I'm sure both of them know it's all just publicity for both sides--even bad press is still press. :|
What?! You mean the lawyer who became famous for successfully litigating sex.com is suing the American Cancer Association and the World Wildlife Fund in order to block TheOatmeal's charitable donations just for publicity?!! What's the world coming to?