Test Results

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMacphersonNH

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know my latest results came back with no sign of the cancer. Pretty remarkable and we are going to celebrate with a weekend trip away. I feel extraordinarily lucky to be alive and fortunate to have gotten to know so many wonderful people on these boards. Thanks again for all your support. I simply couldn't have done it without all of you, friends, family, and my medical team. I am truly blessed.

Tom

That is simply the best news I could've heard from you in some time Tom. Very pleased to hear it and kudos to your team of doctors in all their efforts on your behalf.

You go celebrate my friend, you have certainly earned it!

:cheers:

Cheers,

RR

Fantastic news Tom, congratulations on your admirable win! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

puros_bran":1ldisxzj said:
Words fail me.. I cried a little for you brother.  Just amazing!!!
Yes Sir, PB.

Tom, that is simply THE best news that has put a spring in my step. Here's to you old chap!!! :cheers:

Congratulations Tom! This is the best news possible.

Go have a little fun, you've certainly earned it.

:cheers:

All the best to you on your continued recovery.
Get out there and have a memorable vacation ... one for the record books!

Thanks everybody. It's a very weird feeling knowing how close you are to dying. It feels like I've been in a war zone and crawled out into the light. Happy really doesn't describe it. There is a deep feeling of relief, anxiety, and physical and emotional fatigue. In some ways you feel physically hollow - not quite in this world and yet certainly not in the other. A feeling of suspended disbelief. I realize the drugs did an extraordinary amount of collateral damage - lost all color vision, no night vision and have to use a sight stick to get around, no hearing in left ear, and a lot of bone pain. And yet it's an incredibly wonderful feeling to sit in the sun like a lizard and slowly sip on a bowl of 4noggins' Trout Stream. Looking forward to trying to put the rest of my life back together - dealing with medical bills, painting the mud room, and organizing a Mother's Day Brunch. Overall...it's pretty nice to be alive. Thanks again.

Hard to imagine what you've gone through Tom, but your post above clearly gives some insight. And in the face of adversity you always seem to put your best foot forward. That right there ranks you at the top of the class for beating this thing once and for all.

Thanks for the updates my brother. And keep on kicking life in the ass!

:bom:

Cheers,

RR

The next bowl is for you, brother...

This is wonderful news, I'm sure you're happy, but your family must be elated as well...Enjoy your time away, you need it, earned it, deserve it.

Take care