Quantcast

Texas Howdy

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

GregE

Reaction score
I am a new member to this group and look forward to reading ya'lls stuff. I am a bit new to pipes, only having picked it up about a year ago, I was a cigar guy for many years prior, however I am finishing my project sailboat this year and hope to get my 25 foot macgregor into the water for the first time this summer (after 3 1/2 years of working on her) and thought the cigars might get a bit soggy in the foam and spray...so it's time to pick up the pipe. I am a pharmacist in Texas and love my job. Got to head to work now....will check back later....

Tennessee Dave

Reaction score
Welcome to BoB Greg. Good group here. These guys will teach you as much as you want to learn. Great bunch. :)

jeepernick

Reaction score
Welcome Greg. Hey the pipe will look more sophisticated on the boat anyway.

GregE

Reaction score
Thank you all for the welcome aboard. I have been reading your reviews on your favorite tobaccos and am going to try and sample some of them next time I go the pipe store. I have a question on my Meerschaum pipe....Do I need to periodically rinse it out with everclear or some other substance to keep the cake out of the bowl, or is just wiping it out with a napkin/ paper towel after each use enough? (I forgot to ask the guy at the pipe shop.)

simmich

Reaction score
Welcome Greg. I still smoke a cigar or two every now and then (sometimes every day)! Suggest you twist up a paper towel corkscrew style and wipe down the inside of the bowl that way. Don't sweat the color...and don't allow a cake to form. Kinda don't think everclear is good for meers.