Thank you, brother Bruins!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beebiz

Reaction score
My hat is off to you and my thanks to you, brother Bruins!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Both you and Natch made yesterday a red letter day for me!!

Gentlemen, brother Bruins was kind enough to share a sample of each of four of his tobaccos with me. They are Butera's Sweet Cavendish, Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Bullseye Flake, Mac Baren's Club Blend, and McClelland's Frog Morton!!

As stated in the thread where I thanked Natch for his gifts, my taste does tend toward the sweet, flavored tobaccos. However, like with the Virginias, my more mature, minority taste buds are enjoying these blends. I've not found them as quickly appealing as the Virginias. But, they are definitely growing on me. At this point, more research is needed!!! ;)

The bad news is that within seconds of putting a match to each of these, my wife politely informed me, "Honey... that stuff stinks" or other similar sentiment!! And, in each case she asked me to please turn the stove's vent hood fan up on high!!! :lol: I don't remember which one it was. But, as I was smoking one of them, she commented that it smelled like an athlete at the end of a day before which he'd forgotten to dawn his deodorant!!! After a bit more thought, she added that it also reminded her a bit of a pair of unwashed sneakers which had seen long, hard, sweaty use for several months!!!!! She said it was extremely strong... almost stifling!!

As I said, I don't remember which one it was that she's dubbed "Stinky Feet!" I suppose it could have either been the Perique of the Luxury Bullseye Flake or the Latakia of the Frog Morton! Either way, neither those or any of the other four will be cellared in mass quantities; as they have been banished to the outdoors!!! :lol: And, that is quite alright! I will enjoy them as I work in my yard or garden or as I sit on the bank of a local body of water... patiently waiting for Mr. Catfish to bite!!!

Though my wife does not... I thank you from the bottom of my heart, brother Bruins!! Blessings to you, sir!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Robert

Oh, I will, BD... I will!! I'd much rather be outdoors anyway!! Not that I want to be away from my wife... she's my best friend!! :heart: :heart: But, I do love the great outdoors!!! :sunny: :sunny:

Well done gentlemen! I haven't tried the other blends but Bullseye Flake is excellent!

i would guess it was probably the bullseye your wife found offensive (it's pretty strong). my wife doesn't care for the smell of hardly any of them, but even she said the cavendish smelled good, so you might be allowed back in with that one (she said it smelled like chocolate.)

I too figure the Bullseye Flake is the one that she found so offensive. It's got Perique in it. And, some don't like the smell of Perique. However, it was my favorite of the four blends, it surprised me a bit that she didn't like the smell of it. She is one who loves the smell of a pipe... thank goodness!!

In a few days, I'll give the Cavendish another try... without saying anything about what I'm smoking. And, I'll see what her reaction is then.

But, keep in mind what I said earlier. I like all of these blends. And, if her nose and they (or any others that I like) don't get along, I'll gladly smoke them while I'm outside. I would imagine that any of these blends would taste good on a brisk morning as I am sitting on my back porch watching the squirrels play, listening to the neighbor's roosters crow and drinking a cup of freshly brewed coffee!! Though my arthritis would disagree, the aforementioned thought makes the rest of me look forward to cooler weather!!! :D

Robert

Nice one Bruins!!!
What a fine brother you are!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

bluedigital":n9o2uec2 said:
Hey Rob I really dig the new avatar :cheers:
Thanks, BD!! It's a picture of me smoking my new Bjarne Apple Churchwarden that was gifted to me by Muddler and Piet. It came today. If you'd like to see some pictures of it, you can check them out here.

Robert

Rob, that is the coolest avatar on the board man!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks, brother Piet! Without yours and brother Muddler's gift it would not have been possible!! I thank you gentlemen!

BTW, your avatar is pretty darn cool too... IMHO! I like the pipe! But, I love the hat!!!

Robert