Thank you, brother Natch!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beebiz

Reaction score
My hat is off to, and my thanks to brother Natch for his recent gift!!! :cheers: :cheers:

He sent samples of seven tobaccos from his private stock!!! The lineup includes almost eleven year old Dunhill #965, Rattray's Marlin Flake, Rattray's Old Gowire, McClelland's Old World Classic Cake... just over 6 years old Samual Gawith's Sam's Flake, Samuel Gawith's Navy Flake... and, the newer Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club's Victoria Regent!!! I don't possess the experience to state this as fact, but based on what I've read about Natch and his tobaccos, I'd say this will be an excellent first trip down Virginia lane!!! ;)

Natch, I've tried the Old Gowire, Old World Classic, and Sam's Flake... in that order. My taste for pipe tobacco seems to somewhat parallel my taste for foods... towards sweets (ie. McClelland's Georgian Cream). Therefore, the spiciness of the Virginias had the immature portions of my pallet screaming, "WTF!!!" But, as my more mature taste buds pushed their way to the front, they began begging for another helping of the spicy Virginia flavor!!

Fortunately for me, my wife loves the smell of the ones that I have tried so far! Though I've liked all three of the ones I've tried, SG's Sam's Flake is my favorite!! It was quite easy to detect the "bloom" that you referenced!! ;) The Oriental, perhaps??

Due to my tobacco funds to cost of it ratio, I'll not be able to keep Sam's Flake as my main tobacco. However, I will keep some of it around to enjoy as my occasional "Fillet Mignon" treat and deviation from the sweets!!

As a bit of a side note... being that I am a brittle diabetic, I no longer get to sit down and enjoy as much of as many sweet foods as I used to. Thank The God of Heaven that the same does not hold true of sweet tobaccos!!!!

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me my first guided tour through the spice filled world of Virginia, brother Natch!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Robert

Welcome to the world of Virginias Robert, when I first started smoking I was really into the sweet tobacco because it was like having dessert but without the huge slice of cake. :lol!: Now I myself tend toward Virginias, Natch is certainly an upstanding fellow in sending samples, he is quite renowned for it around here, I hope you enjoy the rest of your samples.

Thank you, St Fiacre! I have no doubt that I will enjoy them!!! ;)

Nice one Natch, Rob you must be like a kid in a candy store. Enjoy them my man! :cheers:

bluedigital":fcfeaidh said:
Rob you must be like a kid in a candy store.
No doubt, BD... and, savoring every moment of it!!! :star: :star: :king: :farao: :sunny: :bom: :rendeer: :flower: :alien: :santa: :joker: :star: :star:

Great going guys! I love seeing the generosity in our piper community!

Well done Natch!!!!!!!!
A true credit to the force my man!!!!
ROB, Rattrays make the finest in the world. Just stuck a bunch of Old Gowrie in the cellar myself! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: