Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beebiz

Reaction score
The other day, I commented on a print that Falconer sent to one of the brothers. Afterward, Falconer told me that he had some drawings of some old steam engines... if I were interested. After assuring him that I was and him sharing a few pics of some of his drawings, he told me that he would like to send me a few prints of some of his drawings. And, that is exactly what he did.

On the computer, I could tell that he was quite a talented chap! But, what I saw on the computer screen paled horribly in comparison to the prints that he sent me. Ole Valky is one Hell of a talented artist!!! And, he has an excellent eye for detail!!

I showed the prints to Linda and told her who they came from. After commenting on Valky's talent, she said, 'We'll have to frame those!" I thought, "Duuuuuhhhh!!"

I thank you for your kind and generous gift, Valky!!! It will probably be after Christmas before we can afford to do it, but Linda and I will be framing the prints and hanging them in our living room!!! We've already got the spot picked out!

Though these do not even begin to do the prints the justice they deserve, here are pics of them:

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart, brother Falconer!! You are a credit to the brotherhood, sir!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Robert

Those are awesome Valky and great for you Robert those are simply wonderful looking prints I hope you get them hung soon. Falconer is certainly a credit to us all. :D

Wow, those are great! Now let's see a REAL piece of machinery - a S&W model 29! Or even better, a Ruger no1.

Muddler":7mh0sjul said:
Wow, those are great! Now let's see a REAL piece of machinery - a S&W model 29! Or even better, a Ruger no1.
How about a Blackhawk? I did one of those back years ago. I'll see if I can find it. Also I had a No.1 in 6MM. Wish I'd never let it go! :(

Blackhawks are great revolvers - never owned one though. I have two no.1's - in 7X57 & 375 H&H - both brilliant rifles. I can understand your sense of loss. I've yet to sell a firearm & not regret it later.

puros_bran":hc9jg77e said:
Railroad pics look fantabulous.. kudos!!!!
What the Goshawk isn't good enough for ya? :lol!: of course I guess when it comes to birds you are more of an expert! :D

No, I dont have much interest in birds.. I love railroad stuff... visited the Rail Museum up in Walton Ky a couple dozen times, participate on a Rail road round table on ham radio, collect old rail road 'pipe' wrenchs, hang railroad cut outs on my walls, and always sleep better when theres a rail nearby so I can hear that lonesome whistle blow.. Just commenting on what caught my eye.

puros_bran":ak4k1tvb said:
No, I dont have much interest in birds.. I love railroad stuff... visited the Rail Museum up in Walton Ky a couple dozen times, participate on a Rail road round table on ham radio, collect old rail road 'pipe' wrenchs, hang railroad cut outs on my walls, and always sleep better when theres a rail nearby so I can hear that lonesome whistle blow.. Just commenting on what caught my eye.
Yeah, I've always been facinated and around trains. We have one come through my town every 20 minutres. I think it is a very comforting sound and gives a feeling of peacefulness. My goal is when I retire (if ever) is to go around the country and do drawings of the surviving steam engines and possibly put out a book on them with their history.

I was just giving you 'the business' from your avatar pic. :lol:

You certainly have the talent to realize your retirement aspirations, Valky!! Linda and I love the prints that you sent us. And, we can hardly wait to get them framed and displayed for others to see!!

Robert

OHDUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You ever get a chance...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railway_Museum_of_Greater_Cincinnati

http://www.kyrail.org/

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

Valky, you are truly talented my man! I am sure BB will be giving those pride of place. Well done :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Very nice, Valky! I love figural, and schematic drawings. I have schematic tattoo on my upper arm :D

Cody V":bx09n9b5 said:
Very nice, Valky! I love figural, and schematic drawings. I have schematic tattoo on my upper arm :D
Okay now that you've brought it up you know we have to see it! :D
And you have my permission to add any of these to the other arm. :lol!:

Falconer":gb00yl1s said:
Cody V":gb00yl1s said:
Okay now that you've brought it up you know we have to see it! :D
And you have my permission to add any of these to the other arm. :lol!:
I will gladly do so, but you must wait until tuesday evening or wednesday, as I am on vacation. :D

very nice work valky. your quite the talented bugger! (i gravitate more towards the hawk pic.)

Love history and art Valky.. Back when they were made to last and we took care of our own first... :cheers:
Wonderful art too ...

Valky, some fine work indeed! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I see another weapons thread........
Still waiting for the Mods to add it to the "Miscellaneous Hobbies Section"

Thanks for all the praise guys but also keep in mind I created those back in the 80's. (In my prime) I no longer have the eyes or steady hand like I did back then. Plus I'm sure I had more patience! I only wish I'd done more back then but unlike today I didn't have much free time. Oh well, I can still sculpt. I should get back into it. It's been about a year since I broke out the clay.

thanks again Beebiz, you took much better pictures of them than I can.