Thanksgiving, what you up to

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handsome Dynamite

Reaction score
I woke up at 6:30am to train at my karate dojo for three hours. what's wrong with me?

Anyone else do anything unorthodox today?
Hope ya'll having a good thanksgiving

Handsome Dynamite":hgasvfwj said:
Thanksgiving, what you up to
My name's not "Thanksgiving"... but, I'm up to almost 6' 11"!! :D

the usual. were the fixing everything. children & grandchildren comming over in a bit.

i have select venison cuts set aside too. the big delima is whether to grill or bake.

i carefully sent the bird into the oven early this AM.

peterson christmas blend early in the morning. chelsea morning a little later.

james bond marathon on the TV.

happy turkeyday all.

camo

up at 5 ,,in my deer blind at 5:30,,,,watched 5 doe milling around 30 yards from me for about 2 hours,,,,no bullwinkles,,,,watched a hawk snatch a chipmunk off a stump,,,home now to shower/change clothes,,,back out at 2,,,,chow at 6,,unorthodox?,,,I guess so

HAPPY TURKEY DAY BROTHERS!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hopefully, I'll be feeling a little better so I can go to my Wife's Aunt's place.
I'm still resting up after getting hit by a car :affraid: As I was getting into a van a car side swiped me. The lady didn't even stop! Luckily I had a lot of gear on my belt that took the brunt of the impact. I couldn't chase her down since I had deportees in the back of the van. :x The passenger mirror on her car was torn off. At least I got the plate and she'll be getting a visit today for the hit and run. The Doctor gave me some flexerils and I'm feeling a little better now :drunken:

A few more inches and ,,,well nevermind,,,hope you can enjoy the day and feel better,,,,

,,,can't let your guard down for a minute out there bud,,,, :evil:

Was up at 5 am to begin the kitchen work, which started out with me sitting and drinking coffee, putzing around on the computer for an hour :lol: . Hey, I'm gettin old and it was in the plan ;) I cook and my wife cleans, it's an arrangement we're both happy with.

It was 28 degrees out this morning. That may not mean much to most of you, but in the great Central Valley of California, that only happens a couple of times a year, usually in February. They said that today was the coldest Thanksgiving morning on record here in Sacramento.

My daughter serves on the USS Nimitz and is up from San Diego with 2 other sailors, so I am cooking for the wife and I, two other daughters, my two granddaughters, my daughter the Airman, a Seaman and a Petty Officer. The refrigerator is bulging but I fear I do not have enough food :shock:

mark":p7nzvvp0 said:
A few more inches and ,,,well nevermind,,,hope you can enjoy the day and feel better,,,,
,,,can't let your guard down for a minute out there bud,,,, :evil:
Lucky, very lucky.........

saints10.jpg

nice view. (are we suppose to find you in this picture, hermit?) my tiny highschool football team (my daughters go there now) are going to state championships. they get to play in the lucas oil stadium tomorrow (home of the colts, for you those of you who don't know.) it will be my first time in the stadium. i happen to think it's ugly, compared to the old hoosier dome, maybe tomorrow will change my mind.

I know some people who were definitely recently thankful... (seeing how it's now T-Day late evening and The Food has done been consumed)

Did you know that BoB's own Greg Pease and Mr. Puff "JD" Daddy have significant experience as professional chefs, and both stepped up to do the honors in their respective households?

Trust me, simple baked turkey, boxed stuffing, and cranberry sauce from a can were NOT on their tables. :lol!:

Imagine being a kid and growing up with a legit chef around for special meal days. Or any day, for that matter.

As a child of the 60's (the blandest food in the history of the world was standard in the US in the 50's and 60's), who had two working parents who loathed food prep, I literally can't.

Growing up, my dad and I usually had Thanksgiving at The Sizzler. Not surprisingly, I would rather have a New York strip, medium rare than turkey, but still thankful for anything, feathered or hoofed.
Used to really like the Malibu Chicken too!

Wife works retail. so she was at work by 6am on Thanksgiving Day and 3am this morning. Yesterday I got the bird stuffed and into the oven, made a pumpkin and cherry pie, cleaned the kitchen (I am a messy cook). Wife got home, we cleaned house a bit (only 1 son and his gf coming for dinner), got the rest of the fixin's ready, watched football between all of this.

Today did a bit of shopping, mostly stocked up on leather working supplies as i want to make a holster for my new pistol, and likely one for my oldest son for Christmas.

A little late here gents.
I had a abscess and root canal put me out for a week. Hence my MIA.
I was in bed with it. Had all good intentions of sticking a Turkey in the Weber and celebrate along with you all. We do not do Thanksgiving here in RSA. A real pity.
SOOOOOOOOOO, I smoked a bowl and gave thanks for you all on BOB!!!