The 2011 Northeast Regional Pipe Smoking Contest

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoverPipes

Reaction score
It’s that time once again . . .

for the annual gathering of good friends, good stories,
good tobacco and good food

. . . and . . .

The 2011 Northeast Regional Pipe Smoking Contest

Festivities to begin at 1pm on Saturday, December 10, 2011
at the S.M.Frank Company, home of Kaywoodie Pipes
1000 N. Division Street, Peekskill, NY 10566

Registration is $30. Due to the large attendance we had last year and the limited space in our front office area, we are going to have to limit the the number of contest participants to the first 48 registration forms returned. Fee includes your contest pipe, tobacco, and buffet. Since pipes will be made according to the number of people who have registered, no refunds can be considered.

Please fill out the form below, make check payable to Bill Feuerbach, and send both to Bill at
219 North Street
Newburgh, NY 12550
<div align="center">email: [email protected]
phone (at S.M.Frank): (800) 431-2752​
**Please Note***In the event that we receive more than 48 registration forms, we will not turn anyone away. But those received after the first 48 will not be able to participate in the smoking contest, unless one of the first 48 chooses not to participate and relinquishes their spot and the pipe.</div>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill, please enter my name in the 2011 Northeast Regional Pipe Smoking contest. I am enclosing my non-refundable registration fee in the amount of $30.

NAME: ADDRESS:

EMAIL: PHONE:

CLUB AFFILIATION:

I shall be there with a large selection of new and estate pipes for sale as always.
This event is one of the highlights for pipe smokers and collectors that come from New England, and as far as Pennsylvania each year to celebrate. Can't wait.
:cheers:

For those of us not in the know, how exactly does a pipe smoking contest work? I've seen the youtube videos of old english chaps racing to see who could smoke a bowl the fastest, looked vile though.

Stackle2":57t4h0wj said:
For those of us not in the know, how exactly does a pipe smoking contest work? I've seen the youtube videos of old english chaps racing to see who could smoke a bowl the fastest, looked vile though.
This is a timed "slow smoke". The winner is the fella that has the longest burning bowl.

Here are the "International Guidelines" that are followed during most of these contests:
http://www.pipeclubs.com/index.php?goTo=123

MisterE":4flm10og said:
Thanks for passing that on Sean!

All you NY dudes get on it! skaukatt? LIPIPE? Who else?
I'm there!

Try to make it. This is one fantastic day!

Lou

docwatson":6bvko53o said:
I shall be there with a large selection of new and estate pipes for sale as always.
This event is one of the highlights for pipe smokers and collectors that come from New England, and as far as Pennsylvania each year to celebrate. Can't wait.
:cheers:
Doc - last years pipers came in from DE and MD too! Looking forward to seeing what beautiful pipes you bring. Last time some of them came to PA with me rather than going home to MA.

hp
les

As of Wednesday, all 48 spots for the SloSmoke were filled. But there's plenty to do besides. Maybe if you are really anxious to play in the contest, some one might drop out or be a no-show.

hp
les

Doc - last years pipers came in from DE and MD too! Looking forward to seeing what beautiful pipes you bring. Last time some of them came to PA with me rather than going home to MA.

hp
les
Thanks for that reminder Les. Delaware and Maryland pipers were there also. I'm amazed the distance some of these folks travel, but it's understandable. I was really looking forward to seeing my friends Jay and Louise (Hermit Tobacco) at this event for the first time. Just so sad and shocking about the loss of Jay this week. Damn.

lestrout":8ji39szt said:
As of Wednesday, all 48 spots for the SloSmoke were filled. But there's plenty to do besides. Maybe if you are really anxious to play in the contest, some one might drop out or be a no-show.

hp
les
After playing a week of phone tag and leaving messages, I finally got a hold of Bill. I sent my payment before Wednesday. I better be one of the 48......... :x

Hope to see you there! :cheers:

(Lou, so you're coming after all?)

Mr E,
I usually take a bunch of photos at this event and I'll be glad to share them with the Brothers for sure. It's the next best thing to being there.

This is shaping up to be a huge event. Bill is estimating 60-65 attendees that he knows of and I would think there will be a bunch of walk-ins. It's going to be a great event.