The 2012 forum pipe thread (merged and edited for clarity)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe the easiest and cheapest wat out is for every BoB to have his/her own stamp made. Then we can go ahead and have as many POY pipes as we wish to have. Just go ahead and stamp all your pipes POY if you feel like doing so!!! :twisted:

SpeedyPete":ag3wprvl said:
Maybe the easiest and cheapest wat out is for every BoB to have his/her own stamp made. Then we can go ahead and have as many POY pipes as we wish to have. Just go ahead and stamp all your pipes POY if you feel like doing so!!! :twisted:
sharpie%20fine%20point%20pen_08312010120319.jpg

Which brings us right back around to this:
Puff Daddy":t0gk0uzk said:
Here's a quick solution - Everyone who wants a 2012 BOB POY go buy yourself a cob and grab a nail. Take the nail and scratch a big letter B on the bottom, then post pics in this thread. The official BOB Cob, each one a unique customized hand carved collectible. :)
PD was way ahead of us all along!

George Kaplan":fjkaarom said:
Puff Daddy":fjkaarom said:
Here's a quick solution - Everyone who wants a 2012 BOB POY go buy yourself a cob and grab a nail. Take the nail and scratch a big letter B on the bottom, then post pics in this thread. The official BOB Cob, each one a unique customized hand carved collectible. :)
Perhaps we could come up with an official BoB nail. :cheers:

Puff Daddy":n1gq5f61 said:
I'll be selling those for $39.99 shortly ;)
PD, I'm surprised at you! You're supposed to tell everyone they're not for sale, gain momentum and desire for 'em, then trickle out a few at a time. Extra bonus points for pictures of you painstakingly carving "BoB" on the head of the nails in that true, craftsman marketing shot that shows everyone there's an artisan at work--overalls, messy work bench, etc. 8)

Buckshot":oz6b88rn said:
George Kaplan":oz6b88rn said:
Puff Daddy":oz6b88rn said:
Perhaps we could come up with an official BoB nail. :cheers:
Why do you Thumblanders always have to complicate things? ;)
Now my BoB Cob's not official because it was done with the wrong tool! :evil:

That's awesome, GK. :lol:

Also, I'm assuming PD only sources the finest, local hand-crafted Chinese ten-penny nails from Home Depot, just to keep the quality in line. 8)

Discussions under way :) Sounds very good! As Paul Harvey said, "Stand by for news!"

Where the hell have I been? What's all this I hear about a BoB Combat Pipe? Man, that's a real beauty (back on page 9) and I LOVE the army style stem...perfect. And the black and gold (or whatever)...and the Rhodesian hybrid idea...it's all good. Only problem is that I'll never likely have $150+ of 'disposable fundage' laying around to indulge in something that really, actually should be considered a 'necessity of life'. But for you guys that do...if and when this comes together it will be a really special and treasured item to be sure. Totally excellent.

BH, better late than never. :lol: Kind of like me and the bombing threads. :p

I really think you're going to like what's cookin' in the Tinsky kitchen if all goes well, then. If there was ever a reason to repurpose a tobacco tin as a "pipe money" piggy bank, it is now. :cheers:

8)

Wow. I took a little vaction from the boards until a few days back and missed a lot. I just read from page 8 to present. Fantastic develpoments going on. Love the Tinsky! I'm in.

TheSmokeamater":uxu5hc02 said:
Wow. I took a little vaction from the boards until a few days back and missed a lot. I just read from page 8 to present. Fantastic develpoments going on. Love the Tinsky! I'm in.
I do not own a Tinsky and would love to have one. All depends on the price though and when I will have to pay.

I'm waiting for 3 pipes, might be 4 tonight, so Ive spread some real dough over the past 3 weeks.

If I should know in advance that I will have to pay, say $150.00 in three months time, I can manage it.

So I guess I'm in on the deal.

Pete's comment is a good one. We all have things that we'd like to have or do or whatever. Fitting a $150+ pipe into a monthly budget is not going to happen for me...ever. But if I knew it was going to happen at a specific point in the future, I could likely save up over time. Certainly it would be a wonderful thing to have...and of course use. Problem with being on Soc Security (wife works and is well paid) and a daughter going off to college in the Fall, which will drain every bit of 'spare' fundage we have for years into the future. It's not like we're paying everything...she scored so high on her SAT's that everyone wants her and she did 5 AP classes in high school that get her credit for 5 college classes and no transcription cost (amazing...that's $10K right there) and this little adventure is a combo of scholarships, FA, our money and her money (she's got another $10K saved up...a good kid in all regrds). But it all means that there won't be any fancy new power tools or pipes for old Blackie for a long time. But the little by little over 3-6 months would maybe work.