The Absolute BEST Cherry Baccy?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipeCulture

Reaction score
Hi All -

I've tried Gawith's "Top Black Cherry", CAO's "Cherry Bomb", McClelland's "Bulk Three Cherry", P&W's "Cherry Cavendish", Mission Pipe's "Black Cherry", Sir Thoms "Cherry Vanilla", etc., etc. One or two lacked some "thing" and the rest were just plain bland and dull. The front runner of all "cherry" anything tobaccos I tried to date is Boswell's Cherry Smash. But even that varies from pouch to pouch.

Kindly post your recommendations!!!

I'm looking for "no goop", "no gurgle"; full, sweet cherry aroma; and sweet on the palate. It should at least be superior to Bozzie's Cherry Smash. Please bring me some good news.

Thank you in advance,
--M

PipeCulture":t26pckjp said:
Hi All -

I've tried Gawith's "Top Black Cherry", CAO's "Cherry Bomb", McClelland's "Bulk Three Cherry", P&W's "Cherry Cavendish", Mission Pipe's "Black Cherry", Sir Thoms "Cherry Vanilla", etc., etc. One or two lacked some "thing" and the rest were just plain bland and dull. The front runner of all "cherry" anything tobaccos I tried to date is Boswell's Cherry Smash. But even that varies from pouch to pouch.

Kindly post your recommendations!!!

I'm looking for "no goop", "no gurgle"; full, sweet cherry aroma; and sweet on the palate. It should at least be superior to Bozzie's Cherry Smash. Please bring me some good news.

Thank you in advance,
--M
The funny thing was, as I was reading all the cherry baccy you tried I was going to respond by saying "try Boswell's cherry baccy"...guess you beat me to it. :lol:

Did you try Boswell's Dutch Treat?

Wish I could find a great cherry blend. The wife loves the smell of a cherry blend. And you would have thought that a Gawith house would have done it right. But they all seem to be lacking something. Most are far to mild in the Vitamin N department to suit me. Others don't even resemble a cherry scent.

Even as a dedicated full-flavored English blend smoker I do occasionally enjoy a short cob of a cherry blend. Best I have had thus far: Caminetto Barolo. A real blend (not just something to convey the sauce) with a subtle but still tasty cherry finish.

Carlos":8w0y5qwd said:
Wish I could find a great cherry blend...they all seem to be lacking something. Most are far to mild in the Vitamin N department to suit me...
Yea, aromatics are by their very nature nicotine light. It seems to me that baccys with high nic tend to taste strongly, and an aromatic flavor would probably taste funky trying to compete with it. Imagine a cherry blend, but instead of a burley cavendish, using air cured burley? eesh... :shock:

edit: hell with it...I'm trying it tonight...just a touch of air cured to a maple cav and perique blend. It'll be like Essence of Vermont Extra....only not because I don't want a spanking from 4noggins.

I just know this is gonna turn out disgusting! It'll be awesome.

smiley-puke.gif

...but if you insist, I know there was a Sutliff cherry that a guy at the pipe shop raves about, Boswell's Cherry Smash and McClelland 3 Cherry were also brought up by those that like them.

:pale:

Of all the cherry flavored blends I've tried, I enjoyed Devil's Holiday the most. Celtic Talisman was good but both my wife and I were allergic to it.
Another thought is University Flake which has a mild berry (cherry/raspberry) flavor to it and packs a good punch too.

Jim..my ha'pence

My own favorites are Boswell's PA Dutch Treat and Dutch Masters Cherry Cavendish but if Boswell's Cherry Smash didn't do it for you I doubt that these will, either.

Smokey

I would suggest both Mac Baren Cherry Ambrosia, with a hint of rum, or their 7 Seas Red, which is also cherry flavored.