The absolute perfect pipe- 10,000 dollars.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is an extremely ugly pipe, and no one will ever pay 10,000 dollars for it. I saw a diamond encrusted pipe out of Italy for 10k and it was really something. That is a joke. Huge piece of briar though!

It's got an awfully large sand pit right there in the middle. How did they not spot that? Goes right through the briar! :rabbit:

This is part of a series shot today at our local BM (Riegel's in Fort Wayne, Indiana) which had its 20th annual smoking contest today: yes, I was there; yes, I saw the pipe; and no I did not win the contest or even place in the top 10 (although I did get a prize anyway). The proprietor that you see here (Dennis) is a nice guy, although that pipe, O' that pipe.

More clips from the event here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xrposiedon#p/a/u/2/flzXDEiAhkk

I'm pretty sure they throw one in if you buy 133. Make sure they don't forget. :afro:

All I can say is I'm too unsphoti...unsofitica,,,too stoopid to appreciate a perfect pipe,,,, :p

It would take a small team to hold, light, smoke, and tamp that pipe!

ShellBriar":0m1pkzor said:
It would take a small team to hold, light, smoke, and tamp that pipe!
If you have 10k to drop on a pipe, you probably have an entourage.

I agree with some other folks here, if I was in the market for a 10k pipe, I'd pass on that one. I am sure it will land in a museum somewhere, and never see tobacco or fire. I think I'd opt for a simple billiard, with built in automated lighter, carburetor/choke, self-cleaning, reaming and packing, with temperature control and flux capacitor, and matching smoking jacket.

I found the worst part of that cumbersome specimen is the clear stem too 1980's for me.

I did enjoy however the fact that the carver took two years to do it and he/she must have saw something that made them happy so at least its perfect to someone, but then again so are cobs to others.

would that be a good.....................clencher ??

While not worth anything near $10k, nor very practical looking, I do have to say I find that one interesting 8)

OK, so maybe "perfect" is also in the eye of the beholder...

Besides being ugly, does anyone else think it seems... I hate to say it, amateurish?
Two years? really? :scratch:

I don't like it much. I don't care if God himself made it. It might be perfect in some ways that an amateur's pipe might not be, but it is also obviously imperfect in many ways... the sides of the pipe are shaped very unevenly, for example, and the stem looks like any random pre-fab that a guy might reach for.

It's tough to make artistic judgments on totally freeform pipes, but there are still little details a guy can look for which seperate good from great.