The best pen deal ever, in the whole world?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Voice of Rod Serling...

"Presented for your approval, the famous Hero 616, another Parker clone...a set of TEN...for about SIXTY CENTS EACH!"

No...really...I ordered this and they came and PLEASE for 60 cents each? ...c'mon! Link down below.

s-l400.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-10PCS-Retro-HERO-616-Fountain-Pen-Hooded-Fine-Nib-/152118003707?hash=item236af087fb:g:KFgAAOSwQupXVVS4

Let's say these pens are made by robots, and the few workers who run the robots are paid $.08 an hour. I still don't understand how they can sell these so cheaply, often with free or nominal shipping charges, as in this case. Imagine what the seller pays for them! And I don't see the market for fountain pens that would sustain this in the long run. But what do I know? Answer: 'nuthin.'

Just curious: how long does it take to receive Chinese pens from China? I can't remember. Ships take 20 days from there to Long Beach or LA, if they come by sea.

Receipt is between 2 - 3 weeks.

I've heard that the Chinese government supports the industry financially, whatever that means. I've also recently bought other Chinese brand pens that are presented as "new, old stock" that are said to have been given to workers as payment for labor during the recession. Now they are liquidating them for whatever to get cash out.

Again, who knows.

Weird situation all around...bottom line being...working item in my hand for insane price by whatever means is good by me...unless it's like slave labor, etc.

Blackhorse":ohc2znyw said:
...I've heard that the Chinese government supports the industry financially, whatever that means. I've also recently bought other Chinese brand pens that are presented as "new, old stock" that are said to have been given to workers as payment for labor during the recession. Now they are liquidating them for whatever to get cash out....
The pens or the workers? ( ;) )