The best smoker on your rack that shouldn't be the best...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
desertpiper":iz3b12xw said:
In the mechanical design world there is no such thing as a perfect part. That's why you have tolerances. If you somehow wind up with a perfect part it's by accident. So, my thinking is perfect smoking pipes are accidents. That's why some one can buy a pipe for a few bucks and it's there best smoker. By some freak accident a really good piece of briar was used, buy some accident the perfect bowl is drilled, breather hole place perfectly, wall thickness just right. And any number of little accidents in it's creation. Then a particular person buys it puts in his favorite tobacco and Magic! The perfect smoker for that person.

That's how you have $3.00 perfect smokers and $100.00 perfect smokers and so on and son on. A bunch of perfect little accidents.
Also what one persons idea of a good smoking pipe could be total garbage to another person for whatever reason. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it too.

I think there are two things everyone would agree on that are required for a good smoker. And that would be cool and dry (in my opinion). How someone gets to cool and dry may vary. but every time I hear someone talk about a great smoking pipe they always mention coo and dry.

Here is a no name brandy shaped saddle bit briar, I paid $10 for. It was barely smoked, and the only nonmenclature visible reads, "Made in England." As you can see, every time I rinse the saddle bit under water, the green oxidation comes right back. Lol

She smokes like a dream, dry with very little stem condensation. This baby isn't much to look at, but she has been in my regular weekly rotation ever since I adopted her. 8)

DSC00106.jpg

DSC00107.jpg