The Big Move

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefe1037

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Just settling in at the new place.... still a big pile of boxes in what will be the dining room. Moved a thousand miles from Chicago (back) to the Charleston area. A lot has changed in the 8 or so years we've been gone. Since I left, my parents and sister both moved here, so I have family close by. One of my childhood best friends lives here, too!

I took a job that puts me out near the beach every day. The weather is turning warm quick. It's good to be here.

My cousin just moved there; is something going on? I only know it as a place to get tobacco from Smoking Pipes and speeding tickets en route to Florida.

Glad to hear things are working out well for you. Its nice to have family nearby. Best of luck with the new place and new job.

Jim

Moving always sux. But good to hear you're getting settled Jefe, including and especially around folks that you are close to. I've known a few folks from the upper Midwest that chose SC for their relocation, and seem to be very happy there.

May you prosper and find happiness there. Clearly a huge difference from the windy city!

Cheers,

RR

Been here a couple of weeks... home is still a mess, work is chaos, but I am happy to have missed the snow in Chicago this week. I'm off today, so I might head with the girls to the beach.

Sounds like the beginnings of a great day! I'm stuck with snow. Enjoy yourself!

Jim