The blessing of Boswell tobacco!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bentbulldog

Reaction score
So it's been about 2 weeks since I've restarted the pipe. I have 3 pipes and have tried several aromatics. Until this weekend I found nothing that took my breath away. Friday I recieved 1oz of the 3 Boswell blends that sounded good and had good reviews, in order from most fav. Christmas cookie, berry cobler and rasberry and creme. I smoked all three over the weekend and I feel that I can say I found my blends. I was in ecstasy I even smoked it all the way to the bottom without any dottle. I plan on making a big order from them and have to ask, having been disappointed by many favored aros, is there anything better in aromatics?

Glad you found some you like. I am not typically an aromatic smoker. I got some Boswell Christmas Cookie and Sweet Tea that I smoke a few times a week in my meers. I must say that I enjoy them very much.

I'm not a huge fan of aromatics, but Boswell's are among the best ones out there. You might give C&D Autumn Evening and Dan's Blue Note a try. They are about the only other aromatics I enjoy now and then.

-Andrew

Tomorrow (the good Lord willing and the crick don't rise) I will be making a pilgrimage to Boswell's, en route back to CT. I will be sure to pick up some of their English blends. I won't have long to explore, alas, as we want a good long time at Gettysburg.

Doc Manhattan":l7l5vqwm said:
Tomorrow (the good Lord willing and the crick don't rise) I will be making a pilgrimage to Boswell's, en route back to CT. I will be sure to pick up some of their English blends. I won't have long to explore, alas, as we want a good long time at Gettysburg.
Going to Gettysburg? It sounds like you need to stop by and pick up a clay churhcwarden or a big cob on the way in for period correct smoking pleasure while touring the grounds. :D

I smoke alot of Boswell bulk aromatics. My favorites are Majestic 586, Christmas Cookie, and Premium Burley.

Dubbya":il5xop7b said:
Going to Gettysburg? It sounds like you need to stop by and pick up a clay churhcwarden or a big cob on the way in for period correct smoking pleasure while touring the grounds. :D
So of course, I picked the biggest possible anachronism: a pipe with a shotgun-shell ferrule.

The Gettysburg museum does give propers to the pipe... there's a small wood pipe displayed, with a stem made from either straw or a wood dowel, with a box of 'Minnehaha'-brand Cavendish Tobacco.

Don't know much about aromatics. I can certainly recommend Boswell's Premium Burley and Boswell's Best as two very fine smoking tobaccos.