The BoB 2012 POY

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kyle - as you know I can relate regarding finances. However, later on this year I should be able to squeeze it in.

Come on, how often does an opportunity like this come along...

So we'll have our choice between the black n' tan and the coral carve versions? Hmmmm. If that's what I'm reading here then one could (pending finances) obtain both verstions and have quite a set. I'm still liking the black n' tan design, but there are some out there I'm sure that will prefer the more sedate look of the coral carve. But both would be awesome!

Given my motto (note motto below) that would suit me fine.

Wow - I'm hooked. I love the coral carve version a lot!! Thanks for setting all of this up PD!!

Blackhorse":22ksvahk said:
So we'll have our choice between the black n' tan and the coral carve versions? Hmmmm. If that's what I'm reading here then one could (pending finances) obtain both verstions and have quite a set. I'm still liking the black n' tan design, but there are some out there I'm sure that will prefer the more sedate look of the coral carve. But both would be awesome!

Given my motto (note motto below) that would suit me fine.
Now WHY did you have to put that idea in my head. :p

I'm definitely going to do the Black & Tan. Now I might have to get the coral carve too. Thanks, Blackhorse. :p

Yyyeah one of each of these for me, a definite "no," one, unlikely, but hey--allow me to nod to PD for helping out with the digital-logistics of this. I think both pipes are worthy of any BoB'er worth his salt. Personally? I'm into the coral carve...I like the Black & Tan but I'm thinking about future coloration and the coral is going to look great as the pipe is smoked and held. I can just imagine it with a little darker color toward the bottom and a nice "smoke fade" at the lips of the tobacco chamber.

Whether or not I participate is irrelevant, to those that get one, post pictures for vicarious "Piping Toms" like yours truly.

So, I'll reinforce BH's question, and add one of my own:

* Are the B&T and CC models priced the same, as described? My understanding was there was going to be a base price for a certain model, and then if you wanted flashy extras, talk to Mark T, and work it out from there.

* From what dates will these pipes be available?

8)

Dave_In_Philly":075wovkb said:
My pants just got a little shorter...
:cheers: :cheers:
A black & tan is definitely happening. One BoB briar a year is enough for me. I am excited about this for sure.

I second Kyle's questions.

Because if finances in anyway work out that I can order one (the B&T) I will be ordering one. Good looking pipes both of them.

Really great idea and two lovely looking pipes. Congratulations to all involved in the R&D. :cheers: :cheers:

Looking forward to seeing the prices and availability. That Black & Tan would make an awesome Xmas present from Mrs Jers........ :D

Fraternally

Jers

Here's what I know.

I approached Mark about making us a POY, gave him my idea for the shape, told him we wanted it to be like the other club pipes he does where Mark puts up a few examples on his website under Club Pipes and anyone who wants one orders one directly from his website. This way we do not have to presell a bunch of pipes, wait a long time for a carver to make X number of pipes and ship them all at once, or try to collect a bunch of money at once and deal with that headache. I asked him for the two versions, the coral and the black and tan shown in this thread. You can look at his website (amsmoke.com) and see what a coral goes for and what a B&T goes for (the B&T can vary in price) and get a ballpark idea of what the pipes will cost. We just got through the stage where he has made the two prototypes shown in this thread, there was a delay because he had trouble sourcing a large enough, correct colored acrylic, which turned out to not happen. No matter, as the buffalo horn looks really cool. I accepted his prototypes as of this morning, and I asked him about price and availability. Waiting for that response.

Phew!

If you should want him to make a smooth or some special variation, I have no problem with it, that would be between the two of you. I went with the two versions shown because 1) they look great, and 2) they are an excellent value for the money and fit with most guys' request for a nice but affordable pipe. It's unique, it'll have a BOB Club stamp, it'll look good and his pipes are notoriously good smokers.

If you look at Marks site you can see another clubs pipes up there now. Just to get some sort of an idea in everyones heads, the corals of their pipes are 185 and the B&T is 225. There's are a completely different style pipe with a normal type stem instead of the military but I can't see much reason ours would be TOO far away from those.

OK boys, here we go. Mark will be putting the pipes up on his site shortly, so watch his website (amsmoke.com) under club pipes, you will be able to buy there directly or email him through his site to ask for one if you don't see what you want.

The coral will be $210 and the B&T will be $245, shipping is $6.50. The pipes are a few dollars higher because of the buffalo horn, stamp, etc.. Still a hell of a bargain. Many of his Black and Tan pipes go for much higher prices than this.

The game's afoot!

Great job PD. Thanks for taking the time to set this up with a foolproof, confusion free plan.

PD, you're amazing. Just so you know. :cheers: Hassle-free BoB pipes done the right way by the right guy.

One question still remains: what's the "deadline" for these beauties? Will Mark suddenly say, "I don't make these anymore" or "These aren't available"...? Or, will they be around for some time for those of us who need to save up some cash to do so?

8)

The 14th I am completely buying a B&T. I am anxious like a 7 year old school girl now (only schoolgirl age I can vouch for anymore since my oldest is 7).

Kyle, I suppose you will at most have only 125 days till the end of the year. If it is carved after that, it will be a BoB 2014 Pipe of the Year. :lol!: