The cellar

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the "Cabinet of Earthly Delights" you've created--good show.

A nice growing collection but what is the Hobgoblin tin in the back?

kaiser83":xpgw8d1r said:
A nice growing collection but what is the Hobgoblin tin in the back?
A delicious beer. When I turned 21 I just bought anything that looked interesting, so I picked up the gift tin they had - a bottle of beer and a pint glass. I thought the tin looked neat so I decided to keep it with my booze display. If you'd like I can post a picture of the full tin and glass. You all should see my dad's collection. I wouldn't want to post without his consent.

Hobgoblin is a winner.

I see you're also using a jar from Georgia "moon shine." I gotta say...the apple pie booze they make is really something special. I have that on hand at all times, and can't stay out of it in the fall and winter months.

idbowman":3wz65yvt said:
Hobgoblin is a winner.

I see you're also using a jar from Georgia "moon shine." I gotta say...the apple pie booze they make is really something special. I have that on hand at all times, and can't stay out of it in the fall and winter months.
I'm glad to hear you say that as I've been debating on whether or not to buy a jar of that. I wasn't a big fan of the regular "Georgia Moon," but it wasn't too bad when mixed with tea. I'm actually about out of the stuff. I took a tasting trip with my dad and a group of other people to Buffalo Trace, Kentucky Bourbon Distillers, Four Roses, and Heaven Hill down in Kentucky about a month and a half back. While at the Buffalo Trace dumping building I was given a hefty bag filled with the charcoal they use for the filtration, which I then put into the "Georgia Moon" jar. The chunk of wood is a bung from a barrel of Stitzel Weller Old Fitz Gerald that I believe was 22 years old. I can't wait to take another trip to do some pipe smoking down there as all the smoking I did was cigars.

If you buy some of the apple, buy two. One to enjoy and one to let sit...letting the cinnamon stick and the other spices they use sit for a few extra months makes all the difference in the world!

You should add some Makers Mark, Knob Creek and Woodford Reserve Bourbons to that Collection.

CygnusXII":k9hdv98p said:
You should add some Makers Mark, Knob Creek and Woodford Reserve Bourbons to that Collection.
Money, my friend. it all comes down to money. That, and my dad lets me partake in his collection, which is a good deal larger man my own. :twisted: