The Chicagoland International Pipe & Tobacciana Show 2012

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pipe seminar is over and done. I will try to post a few pics later. Pretty happy with the pipe I made. Met up with some of the fellows. Dave is making lots of new friends. Pipes selling like hotcakes all over the place and the show hasn't really started yet.

Carlos":d90fodmh said:
The pipe seminar is over and done. I will try to post a few pics later. Pretty happy with the pipe I made. Met up with some of the fellows. Dave is making lots of new friends. Pipes selling like hotcakes all over the place and the show hasn't really started yet.
carlos' pipe came out fantastic. seriously.

Sam is too kind. They did some great work also. But I do really feel good about this years effort. I forced myself to concentrate on make at least one pipe well. For my abilities. Had plenty of coaching. But I really did most of the work. Not what I envisioned to begin with, but the pipe is what it wanted to be. Got the oval stem right. Succeeded with a contrasting stain. Hard to get a good photo of it.

Having difficulties staying connected to the network. I will add photos as soon as I can.

8)

cpccpi10.jpg

cpccpi11.jpg

cpccpi12.jpg

15210.jpg

15510.jpg

15610.jpg

cpccpi13.jpg

Had to move over to the Golf Wing lounge area to get good internet access. Kind of torks me off about that. They have several networks, but the one intended for guests is weak as hell.

I wanted to purchase a Jopp pipe. In just minutes his selection got pared down this morning at the preshow with most going to Taiwan and some to Canada. I am pleased with this one. It's lighter than it looks. Wonderful contrast. He can drill a curved airway.

jopp110.jpg

jopp210.jpg

Excuse the poor iPhone pics.

Some of the crowd at the preshow. It was held in the smoking tent today instead of in the building. Looks like it helped the crowd to spend more time at the preshow.

2012_c10.jpg

cpcc_210.jpg

Nice work on that pipe Carlos! Wish I could have attended the show. Work, work. Hope u guys had a great weekend.

Scott

It was a great time. Pipe show overload several us decided. :lol: I bought another Peter Heeschen P pipe in the silent auction. THAT was a hard fought battle. I will try to get pics up tomorrow of it. Smokes great!

Also, if you ever want to talk to someone in the pipe world, this show is a great place to do so. Nearly all are helpful and friendly.

Thanks for the pics Carlos, WOW that tent was PACKED, looks like a great time indeed...please post more pics if you can.

I take poor pics. But look for quality show pics at Passion for Pipes and Pipes Magazine. Others will be posting some links I am sure.

Several members in my local SPC (Seattle Pipe Club) attended this event. I look forward to hearing their stories.

Wish I could've been there. Must have been a blast!

8)

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":nubv022c said:
Several members in my local SPC (Seattle Pipe Club) attended this event. I look forward to hearing their stories.

8)

Cheers,

RR

I spoke with one of them and said "Hey" to the others. Craig, I think his name is. I am terrible with names. Wears a hat, looks like a Filson. White or blondish beard and mustache. Quite tall. All nice folks.

Carlos":fretuv1i said:
Brewdude":fretuv1i said:

8)

Cheers,

RR

I spoke with one of them and said "Hey" to the others. Craig, I think his name is. I am terrible with names. Wears a hat, looks like a Filson. White or blondish beard and mustache. Quite tall. All nice folks.
Yes, all good people.

Matt Guss attended, and probably Gary Schrier (author of "The History of the Clalabash Pipe").

Actually, tonight is the monthly meeting of the SPC. And the members who attended the Chicago show will be there to report.

Alas, the location is just too far for me and my work schedule dictates an early night and earlier morning! Pity, that.....

:cry:

Cheers,

RR