The Cost of Pipe Tobacco and Cigars

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm, some very interesting food for thought there chaps, some excellent information which has caused a stirring in the musty recesses of the ol'noggin.

Being one who does not enjoy pipe blends with Latakia in them nor any blends with food related toppings yet has a very strong draw to Perique and a newly found taste for the McC ketchup backy, what would you guys recommend as good cigars that wont devastate the bank account.

Not something I can get into just now but in the future I would certainly look to the possibility of doing trades for pipes I may make, in such trades I just might lean toward the cigar arena, should I do so I shouldn't like to try anything that would be displeasing, can you knowledgeable chaps make any informed recommendations by any chance please!?

This is why I smoke pipes and drink beer--the best can be had for a fairly reasonable price compared to cigars and wine. I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as many of you, but I also like pipes for the greater variety of flavor. I've never (in my limited experience) had nor heard of cigars with Latakia, or the sweetness of Virginia tobaccos. There are varieties of cigar leaf, but they don't seem to vary as widely as aromatic-drugstore burley-lakeland aromatic-english/balkan-VaPer-VA/oriental and all the blends in between do. Set me straight if I'm wrong, but I don't think you'll find a cigar that tastes close to a VaPer blend.

Interesting observations...but I must share that there are illusions about cost per....as one delves into the taste palate either for cigars or the alleged lesser cost for pipers I suggest that in the end it is equivocal....here's a dollar, find a phone booth and call me in 10 years....this is meant in all good faith