The cost of pipe tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We always talk about stuff like that.
I find smokingpipes to be the cheapest on most things.
Except, I get my Rattray's at JR.

I have placed a few orders with pipesandcigars.com. They seem to be pretty reasonable.

New Smoker":4ius005x said:
I have placed a few orders with pipesandcigars.com. They seem to be pretty reasonable.
+1 I like them too, they are who I use for online orders.

Mars is the best for Esoterica bags and SG bulks, when they're in stock. Smokingpipes is the best for tins, generally speaking.

The list in the commercial links section plus an occasional scan of the TAD thread ought to steer you right. Tin prices are more consistent across the loss-leaders; bulks vary more.

All this is said with a big caveat: Support your Local Tobacconist, too!

For us Canucks, Rich at 4noggins is the most accommodating. Park Lane is also very good to deal with.

another big caveat: compare shipping costs. they can eat you alive!

Made orders last week and used 2 places, first my normal any more is smokingpipes.com, but I found Mars was lower cost on several ones so they got almost an equal size order.

Examples McClelland (8Oz.) 2015 at smokingpipes was like $29.89 and I got it at Mars for $22.25. Also Union Sq. (8 Oz.) was $36.40 at smoking pipes and got it at Mars for $32.75. Also got a couple other 2 Oz. tins at Mars, but were not less and just wanted to cover the shipping cost which is not bad at Mars, but I do order enough at smoking pipes to get free UPS shipping.

Just a few examples and my normal place so far is smokingpipes.com, but also plan on trying out 4Noggins maybe next time.

I have been ordering some tobacco about every 2 weeks or so, but mostly because I want to build a good supply so eventually I am only smoking tobacco that has been in my hands at least a year. Maybe if I live long enough I can be smoking tobacco that is all over that and maybe even 3-4 years old.

Skip

Hmm... i haven't been to lilbrown for a long long time, i completely forgot about them. I used to visit them a lot when comparing cigars.

Someone needs to create a cigarcyclopedia price list but for pipe tobacco.

yvesmary":u9t0s6dk said:
For us Canucks, Rich at 4noggins is the most accommodating. Park Lane is also very good to deal with.
I order tons from 4noggins, and I've also had great experiences ordering from cupojoes.

Jack Howard":sg7g43gp said:
yvesmary":sg7g43gp said:
I order tons from 4noggins, and I've also had great experiences ordering from cupojoes.
4 Noggins, Rich and Mudd have a good thing going! He runs the extra miles for us down here in deep dark Africa!

ZeroContent":j6pvrj1b said:
Someone needs to create a cigarcyclopedia price list but for pipe tobacco.
YES!
Lil brown also is the cheapest (I've seen) by far on MM cobs. I meant to get a couple Diplomats on my order from there but forgot.

I order all of My stuff from 4Noggins, I really enjoy talking to Rich and he always has what I need.

Count me in the 4noggins camp, as well. Even if you have to pay a tiny bit more, it seems like the customer service that I get from them is worth it, in my opinion.

I've had good luck with Cupojoes as others have mentioned though I think from all the good things I have heard about 4noggins here and elsewhere I will give them some business next time I order.

Smoking Pipes:

-Great Prices

-Great Customer Service

-Makers of the Low Country Brand i.e. the Cooper blend

-No I do not work for them.