The Curse of Oak Island

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

History Prof 1861

Reaction score
Anyone else a fan of The Curse of Oak Island?

I really enjoy the show even though my wife refers to it as Two Guys Dig a Hole.

I watch it faithfully. It would be much better without the melodramatic narrator IMHO.

My son loves it! I do feel it's a little over dramatized though in an effort to keep you hanging. I'm not convinced about how valid their belief is that there's a huge haul of gold in an intricate system of tunnels???

I too faithfully watched it, yes Watched it but, now it just seems its more disappointing time after time.
I mean, who in there right mind would throw millions of dollars at something that didn't have any return?
I've not seen one piece worth any more then a few dollars that they have retrieved, after how long of digging and scratching at the earth? Hopefully someone is paying those brothers to at least do the show to help get back some of the money they have thrown away. And I'm sure they are but, how much a viewers worth nowadays anyway?
Can't be that dadburn much. Besides I still have plenty of "HOUSE" reruns to watch. ;)

I watched a couple of episodes, but it just moved too slow.
(Like most of those treasure seeking shows)
Did they ever find anything?

Hermit":0dz91yf8 said:
I watched a couple of episodes, but it just moved too slow.
(Like most of those treasure seeking shows)
Did they ever find anything?

Yes, they found endorsements, several episodes, and possible syndication.... Worth millions..

History Prof 1861":x9jdpb1j said:
Anyone else a fan of The Curse of Oak Island?

I really enjoy the show even though my wife refers to it as Two Guys Dig a Hole.
"Two Guys Dig a Hole."
Good one.

I remember becoming fascinated by the story back in high school.
Fingers crossed they start filming It's gotta be here somewhere: The Lost Dutchman's Mine

I've said this often to my wife, but I'll share here. Two of the "possible" treasure hiders are The Templars and The Rosicrucians. Let's suppose for a minute that the two "priceless" items that were buried there are the original Shakespearean manuscripts and the true cross. They may have already found the treasure. :lol!:

Zanaspus":25st2e4y said:
I've said this often to my wife, but I'll share here. Two of the "possible" treasure hiders are The Templars and The Rosicrucians. Let's suppose for a minute that the two "priceless" items that were buried there are the original Shakespearean manuscripts and the true cross. They may have already found the treasure. :lol!:
Sssshhhhhh.... you don't know who could be listening...