The first to erupt in 2014

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millerman

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I started this volcano right after Christmas. I stained it last weekend, but with temperatures this week in the single digits, I didn't want to stand in front the breeze of a buffing wheel. So I waited until today when the temperature got into the low 40s. I've got a good friend at work, who's birthday is next Sunday. He's been wanting a pipe but can't seem to ask for one to be made for him to purchase, because he doesn't smoke. And he doesn't like the classic shapes as much as freehand pipes. So when I started this one I decided it was going to be a gift for his 64th birthday. After all he has helped me out plenty of times. He recently gave me a motor for my newly acquired metal lathe. I hope everyone enjoys looking at it as much as I've enjoyed making it. Aspecial thank you to my wife who took the pictures with her new camera it made a big difference. Thanks fer looking.

IMG_0195_zps0fd2d90a.jpg

IMG_0197_zps5ed25bd4.jpg

IMG_0198_zpsf034c994.jpg

IMG_0199_zps6ce72df2.jpg

IMG_0200_zps6272ae1a.jpg

IMG_0201_zpsd2d7e8d6.jpg

IMG_0203_zps87b93f5f.jpg

IMG_0204_zps322e561b.jpg

IMG_0205_zps16704930.jpg

What a corker, that is absolutely delightful, your friend is in for a real treat right there.  :sunny: 

A proper Volcano is a shape I've wanted to make for a while now, reckon your work here is inspiration enough to give it a blast, I'm going to do just that when I get some new Briar, lovely work, BRAVO.  :cheers: :sunny: 

Beautiful piece of work Millerman!  I am going to be starting some new pipes soon myself.  I hope they come close to this good.

Great job, love the shape and the continuous line from the stem around the bowl back to the stem. It actually reminds me of an old cypress stump. Acrylic stem? Well done and 2 thumbs up.

Thanks fer all the kind words. Yall are the best and inspire me all the time. Yes Crafty it is an acrylic stem. Again thanks.

Gorgeous pipe there, and I like that you left the imperfections alone. Great work.

Mister Miller, that is one beautiful pipe there. Really love the grain and you couldn't
have pick a better stem material for it.
I'd look REAL good in my hand with a bowl of Escudo LOL!

mark":c7xq3n98 said:
Gorgeous pipe there, and I like that you left the imperfections alone. Great work.

I don't see them as imperfections as much as it gives some distinctive character to the pipe...very much like sandpits.
I own a number of "flawless" pipes..pre-Cadagon Comoys...they are great looking...so are these..."imperfections" and all.

Beautiful work, and a lucky friend.

Holy heck I could stare at that birdseye for hours. Absolutely beautiful work brother. What a lucky friend!

Jim

Awesome looking volcano Millerman. Your friend is going to love it. Very balanced looking pipe with great flow. The stem material tops it off. :cheers: :cheers: 

Again Thanks to everyone who has commented. I do truly appreciate the kindness. I think this is my best pipe so far. I hope to continue to get better. Thank yall so much.

A real lknockout, Millerman -- your friend is gonna love it for sure!

WOW! ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!! Excellent job on that pipe. Like Briar Spirit, I've been wanting to make a volcano for some time. I believe I have a perfect block of plateaux for one and am saving it for a volcano. You've inspired me as well. I may just get going on it soon. Once the temp gets above zero degrees here in Chicago. Again, nice job!

Your pipe is absolutely amazing. I have been keeping an eye out on volcanoes and yours takes the cake. Great work. As one member stated, leaving the imperfections alone makes it that much better in my humble opinion. Keep up the good work.