The Friar's Briar... and such

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you have a nice collection going Jay! Does that cob in the bottom center have a reed stem? I have been wanting one of those for my collection.

Nice little cellar ya got there but why the wax paper on many of your bail-top jars? Do they not have good rubber seals, if so, those are cheap at Wally-World !! :twisted: :twisted:

Dutch":10aq4qip said:
Looks like you have a nice collection going Jay! Does that cob in the bottom center have a reed stem? I have been wanting one of those for my collection.
Thanks. That cob has a bamboo stem. I picked it up from the Old Dominion Pipe Company.

monbla256":10aq4qip said:
Nice little cellar ya got there but why the wax paper on many of your bail-top jars? Do they not have good rubber seals, if so, those are cheap at Wally-World !! :twisted: :twisted:
Good question. They were cheap jars and I never trusted them. I've just never got around to picking up some better ones.

Jay, how do you like the Old Dominion cob compared to MM cobs? Are there any cons to the bamboo stem? Do they have a plug in the bottom, or are they left natural?

I have been planning to place an order with Old Dominion ever since I saw the article on them in P&T Magazine, just so I can have an original style cob in my collection.

Dutch":w5zxoujt said:
Jay, how do you like the Old Dominion cob compared to MM cobs? Are there any cons to the bamboo stem? Do they have a plug in the bottom, or are they left natural?
Personally I like the look of the Old Dominion cob, but for me I'll be sticking with MM for serious cob smoking. Why? Well, the bamboo stem is perfectly round and so the pipe has a tendency to spin if I let off the least amount of pressure and don't constantly keep a hand on it. That said, I've only got their "Chesapeake" cob... so it's not very big. If I had one of their slightly larger cobs I may enjoy it more.

Oh, and they don't have a plug either... they're all natural.