The gift that I offer to all of my brothers...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beebiz

Reaction score
My brothers,

My feelings toward you, my brothers, for the kindness, generosity, and brotherhood you have shown me is no secret! It is also no secret that my financial situation leaves me severely lacking the ability to give back to you in a manner that I feel is fitting.

After many of you expressing an interest in reading stories that I might write, Bluedigital generously purchased a domain name for me, created a secure site for me, is maintaining the site for me, and has set me up with Google Apps! This was an extremely generous gift!! And, I now publicly thank and salute him for all of the wonderful things he has done for me!!! You are a true brother to me, BD!!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

My site is entitled, "Precious Memories (and, other ramblings of an old-fashioned country boy)" and it is located here. The url for Precious Memories is http://preciousmemoriesbybee.biz. You can view the welcome page without a username or password. But, to view my stories, you will need a username and password.

The gift that I now extend to you, my brothers, is completely free access to the secure area of my site where my stories are located! And, I sincerely hope that you enjoy them!! The only thing that I ask in return is that you contact me and give me your honest opinion concerning the site and the stories that are posted there.

As I said, Precious Memories is a secure site which requires a username and password to access the stories. If you would like to accept this gift that I offer to you, my brothers, please follow the directions on the welcome page to obtain a free username and password. You are also welcome to contact me via a PM here on BoB... or, you can email me [email protected]. Please make sure to let me know who you are on BoB so I can keep track of who is reading my stories!! :D

I thank each and every one of you who have shown me kindness, generosity, and brotherhood since I became a member of BoB. As I stated in another thread earlier today, you have become an integral part of my life! And, I will always cherish you!!!

Robert

Edited to add more specific instructions on obtaining a username and password to Precious Memories

The way you get a username and password to Precious Memories is different from the method used by most sites. One cannot click on a "Join" button and sign up. That kind of process would allow me no control over who can and who cannot have access to my stories.

Here are the instructions that are on the welcome page, fifth paragraph from the top: "If you are interested in reading my stories which are posted on this site, please contact me at [email protected] and tell me so. In the email, please tell me who you are and a little bit about yourself."

Once I receive the request, the email address that you used to contact me will be forwarded to BD. He will then plug your email address into the software that he uses to create and maintain the site. It will crank out a username and password for you and email it to you.

To help keep down on some hassle for BD, I will email him the addresses once per day. And, since he and his family try to spend as much time together as possible during the weekends, any requests and email addresses that I receive between noon on Friday and Sunday evening will not be sent to him until the following Monday morning.

I am sorry that there is no "instant access." But, this is one of the ideas that BD came up with to better protect my stories. I hope everyone understands.

Okay Broom boy, I know I''m not the shinyiest tool in the shed but where do you have the registration to login a user name and password? The login I see is for those already registered, (which is probably none at this point). Sorry I reckon hayseeds like me are gonna need more explicit intructions. :no: I've already tried 4011 times.

Falconer":07c1bzlx said:
Okay Broom boy, I know I''m not the shinyiest tool in the shed but where do you have the registration to login a user name and password? The login I see is for those already registered, (which is probably none at this point). Sorry I reckon hayseeds like me are gonna need more explicit intructions. :no: I've already tried 4011 times.
Sorry, Bird Brain... I figured you to be a sharp enough knife to cut through the process with no problem!! :lol: :lol:

Actually, I guess I wasn't quite as specific in the OP as I should have been... especially for someone with your geriatric limitations!! :lol: So, let me see if I can "splain it to you, Lucy!!"

The way you get a username and password to Precious Memories is different from the method used by most sites. One cannot click on a "Join" button and sign up. That kind of process would allow me no control over who can and who cannot have access to my stories.

Here are the instructions that are on the welcome page, fifth paragraph from the top: "If you are interested in reading my stories which are posted on this site, please contact me at [email protected] and tell me so. In the email, please tell me who you are and a little bit about yourself."

Once I receive the request, the email address that you used to contact me will be forwarded to BD. He will then plug your email address into the software that he uses to create and maintain the site. It will crank out a username and password for you and email it to you.

To help keep down on some hassle for BD, I will email him the addresses once per day. And, since he and his family try to spend as much time together as possible during the weekends, any requests and email addresses that I receive between noon on Friday and Sunday evening will not be sent to him until the following Monday morning.

I am sorry that there is no "instant access." But, this is one of the ideas that BD came up with to better protect my stories. I hope everyone understands. And, Bird... I hope this helps you out!! ;)

Robert

Huh? So much for the simple old fashioned country boy! :lol!: Okay I'll look at all this again tomorrow. :sleep:
(my dang prints didn't require a quart of blood and a password!) :x :clown:

Falconer":715jwb0k said:
Huh? So much for the simple old fashioned country boy! :lol!: Okay I'll look at all this again tomorrow. :sleep:
(my dang prints didn't require a quart of blood and a password!) :x :clown:
Hey, I only said I was old-fashioned... not simple!!!! :lol:

I don't need a pint of blood either... just a vial or two... and your email address!! :lol:

Robert

Aaah Beebz and so it begins.... welcome to an exciting journey. Guys I have read Brother Bee's work and it's really well worth the effort of popping him an email for access to the site. I have found the stories to be both entertaining and enlightening and I have no doubt you will too :D

Thank you for your kind words, brother BD!!! My gratitude to you for everything you have done is far beyond description by my mere mortal words. Although it seems to me to be a minuscule offering to you for what you have done, please accept my sincerest, heartfelt... thank you, brother!!! I will do my best to not let you down!

Robert

Robert,
I have been using Opera as my default browser.
Your web site doesn't work with Opera.
I tried Firefox and every thing looks ok.
I am looking forward to reading the stories.
Bub

Bub":r76isxj4 said:
Robert,
Bub
Bub, I'm sorry you've been having problems viewing the site in Opera. And, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. But, I thank you for taking the time to let me know it! ;) I will pass that information along to BD... he's the computer Guru of the mix! :D

I am glad to hear that you were able to view it properly in Firefox. Firefox is the default browser that I use. Though I don't care for it that much, I use Internet Explorer 8 as a backup for the rare occasion when pages don't display properly in Firefox.

I look forward to getting your feedback about my stories!!

Robert

Bub":2q1ldwt5 said:
Robert,
Bub
Hi Bub, I have checked the website in version 10.63 of Opera and everything seems fine.
Please PM or email with the specifics of your problem in viewing the site and I'm sure we can sort it out. :D

WOW man........another perfect example of the brotherhood striking again!
BD you are a legend brother!!!
This is just fantastic! Well done to the both of you.
Rob, look forward to reading your stories as soon as I have taken care of all the bizillion threads and Pm's here since I was away!!!
Fantastic work there Dean!!!
We are proud to be South African and be on BOB!

BD and Rob, you are saluted!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Brother Piet, you are so correct about BD! Just like you, Muddler and so many others here, he is a credit to the brotherhood!!!

I know that right now you are busier than a cat covering poop on a hot tin roof!! :shock: But, when you get ready, just email me from the address that you want your username and password sent to. I'll send it to BD, and we'll get you fixed right up!!!!

Again, it is so good to have you back!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Robert

BD smart use of google apps man. I had the idea of doing something similar with brothersofbriar.com but never came up with anything that seemed worth the effort. Except for offering people brothersofbriar.com email addresses.

jhuggett":3rn43cuk said:
BD smart use of google apps man. I had the idea of doing something similar with brothersofbriar.com but never came up with anything that seemed worth the effort. Except for offering people brothersofbriar.com email addresses.
Proudly South African, J! :cheers:
That said kudos to you for all your hard work! We would be screwed without you bro, Thank you Jason!!

Brother J, in my humble opinion, BD did an excellent job with Precious Memories. But, that's just the tip of the iceberg. The way he set me up with Google Apps is more than I could have dreamed of. It is as great as anything I would have expected if I were paying a premium price... and more than I would get from many!! I have document storage... to protect the original stories in the event my hard drive were to ever crash. And, it makes it so that I can not only access them from anywhere that there is internet access... I can edit the files too... right on Goggle Apps!! I get a weekly mailing showing very detailed stats for Precious Memories (still working on ciphering the information ;) ). I get email. And, I get loads more goodies that I haven't even been able to check out yet!!!

BD ROCKS!!!!!

And, I owe him a debt I can never repay! So, I will simply say a heartfelt thank you, brother BD!!!

Robert

New Smoker":wo91qemf said:
Everything looks great Beebiz. Congrats to you! and good show for BD!
Thank you so much, brother NS!!! I'll be posting some new stories before long. When I do, I'll post a message about them here on BoB!! ;)

Robert

Aw shucks guys 'twas nothing It's the least I could do considering the fine company I find myself in. The BoB has really allowed me to broaden my experiences in Pipe smoking. Thanks Piet, Mudd, Bruins. All the Brothers here have been invaluable as a source of information and entertainment, yes Valky that means you. And of course I couldn't resist the opportunity to be the first to read Beebz stories. And a huge thanks to you Jason for providing this fine platform for us folks