The Haunted Bookshop by Christopher Morley

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelM

Reaction score
Has anyone else had the pleasure of reading this book? I started last night, inspired by a similarly named tobacco, and found myself hooked. I read the first third in one sitting. The plot is slowly developing, but the narrative is full of pipes and pipe references and the style is flowing and easy. I'm very much looking forward to finishing this one.
Mike.

Mike, you are in good company. Our pipe club was named for Christopher Morley. Both Haunted Bookshop and Morley's Best were blended by one of our more prestigious members, Bob Runowski (who blended quite a few of the C&D Burley blends). If you haven't already, you owe it to yourself to come down and hang out one night.

On topic, it is a great book. Fun to read with a pipe in the colder weather.

I finished the book last night and have already begun reading Parnassus on Wheels (should have gone in the other order). It was a very nice and enjoyable story. I'm now a Morely fan.
Dave, thanks and I'll be in touch regarding the club.
Mike.

Im also a member of morleys pipe club and thought I should read the books. They are both quick, easy reads and entertaining. I think I bought both on ebay for less than $5.

Recommended reading for all!